=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jamie Lenman at The Islington

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banana Flight Case

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Jamie Lenman at The Islington Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to be at The Islington last night to watch Jamie Lenman and the Heavy Mellows Band, courtesy of Xtra Mile.

What a glorious evening. Tiny little venue, tiny little PA but the new stuff was vicious and took me by surprise. I know it has already been said that the Muscle side of the album is pretty full on the whole way through, but some of the riffs really blew my hair back.

Maybe two or three bits of sung vocals, the rest was a mix of super heavy riffs, moving between hardcore stuff, to some pretty groove based elements, like Every Time I Die and even some complex math parts.

Canít wait to hear the recorded version of the track Muscle, which sounded really layered and sludgy with two guitars and One of My Eyes Is A Clock was great too. Canít wait to find out the lyrics to that one. Jamie mentioned before launching into it that it was about Facebook?

Difficult to decipher some of the lyrics on the night but it seems like both sides of the album are very personal and Iím sure people will be debating what Muscle is all about. Definitely an album closer.

The band played through I Ainít Your Boy from the Memory side of the album and this was almost a Reuben style pop song with great harmonies from everyone. Really catchy stuff.

Jamie also played a stripped down acoustic version of Pretty Please and Shotgun House on his own while the band took a break, but the gig definitely leaned towards the heavier side of the album.

There were a few special treats thrown in there for Reuben fans too, with the band launching into No One Wins the War, Keep It to Yourself and then Shambles (long) to end out the set.

Such a great night and itís so good to see Jamie back in action. Canít wait for the album and for the Garage show in December! Still buzzing.
leanne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was insane. I got emotional.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was just looking at each other in astonishment when they broke into the Reuben stuff. Mental! Really wasn't expecting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: