=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skeo recording entire Pilot ep cover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skuthepoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Skeo recording entire Pilot ep cover Reply with quote

Hey guys. Sku here, im a part of a band called Skeo, a two piece comedy band. anyway, we are huge reuben fans and we decided to show our appreciation by recording our own cover version of the entire Pilot EP (the non shambles edition)

we felt the rest of their catalogue sounds great in terms of production, but we wanted a revisited, remastered, re recorded version of pilot from them to see how good they could make it now but obviously they are not going anymore...
so we decided to redo it ourselves. I head up my own home studio (www.sku-audio.com) and have the means to make it sound pro. its a project we started well over a year ago and i shelved as i was unhappy with it. but i feel we owe it to them to do it and finish it. i was unhappy with how the sessions went, but upon recent listens to it, it just needs tweaking here and there and it could be really good (i hope!)

anyway i just thought i'd bring some life to the forum again by letting you in on it. i might post a little taster of what we have done so far (drums and rough guitars)

so you can have a taster of the quality of what it will sound like, here is a previous version of "Words from Reuben" we covered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGVdNFjL-4

we are redoing it for this project, but that is the sort of quality we are going for. pro sound. anyway, let me know if you are interested Smile

it will basically be a free download available from somewhere (probably bandcamp) when its done. cheers

SKU
(just remember that hes always here for us!)
Vert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

I already was looking forward to this, as I truly enjoyed the Words From Reuben cover you posted in youtube long ago and I was a bit worried about the lack of news. Glad to know the project is still alive!

PD: and the production sounds great, wish you could produce my ep!

Last edited by Vert on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
skuthepoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi vert, thanks for your reply Smile glad that you caught onto it

i'd sure love to produce your ep, if its at all possible! ha, maybe we can work something out??

anyway ill keep the forum updated on its progress. ive been busy running my 3 jobs (yikes!) but its at the forefront of my to do list when i get some more free time. just needed some more vocals and some bass too. and i just got a hold of a bass, so i can crack on with that now!

anyway, theres a little sample of the actual project here:

http://soundcloud.com/skuaudios/sampler

its far from complete, but yeah. general idea!

thanks
(just remember that hes always here for us!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Your Bands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: