=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I LOVE REUBEN...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: I LOVE REUBEN... Reply with quote

Hi there...

I am new to this forum. I can not believe, I've never heard of this band over here in Germany... what a shame...

Found them a couple of weeks ago and fell instantly in love... probably my favourite band on planet earth.

I just hope that someday they will get together... what a waste... pure fucking genius...

All the best

Sid
jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sid,
Welcome to the reuben forum! It's pretty dead around here now.
How did you get into reuben then dude?
Jim
Alfie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a grand shame isnt it. thankfully you get to watch FC St Pauli in the top flight of the Bundesliga this year .. bit of a bonus
peace

www.ottawahoax.bandcamp.com
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jimbo,

thank you for welcoming me!

Well, it's just a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I am really, really hooked... as well as some of my friends. My girlfriend is crazy about them too.

Actually I was looking for Sucioperro (great band too), the main band of the guy who plays in Marmaduke Duke with Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro.

I was looking on Itunes to listen to some stuff of Sucioperro and there was the link to Reuben... listened to some songs... got excited... listened to some more songs on youtube... got all their records... for too much money, but anyway... I still don't get, why this band isn't big worldwide... just don't get it. I don't listen to anything else right now. It's been literally decades ago, that I've been so excited about a band.

Me and my buddies listen to tons of this kind of music and but we've never came across Reuben... which is a shame.

All the best!
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie wrote:
Its a grand shame isnt it. thankfully you get to watch FC St Pauli in the top flight of the Bundesliga this year .. bit of a bonus
peace

Hey Alfie,

yeah, it's really, really sad... and I can't understand fucking music business and/or music consumers...

Yep! I will watch St. Pauli! Hopefully they will stay in the Bundesliga for a loooong time now...

Cheers!
Chrispy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godamn you almost brought a tear to my eye. Love that Reuben are still getting fans even years after their break. I still wear my t-shirts with pride!
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrispy wrote:
Godamn you almost brought a tear to my eye. Love that Reuben are still getting fans even years after their break. I still wear my t-shirts with pride!

Yeah, and you should, Chrispy!

Still hope that someday... *sigh*
biggreenjumper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick Sid wrote:
... listened to some songs... got excited... listened to some more songs on youtube... got all their records... for too much money, but anyway... I still don't get, why this band isn't big worldwide... just don't get it. I don't listen to anything else right now. It's been literally decades ago, that I've been so excited about a band.

Me and my buddies listen to tons of this kind of music and but we've never came across Reuben...

Tis exactly how i felt when i first heard them just before INWT was released. For ages i couldn't listen to anything else. Every single part of their sound and lyrics pinpointed my musical desires, and still cannot belive it took me so long to discover them. I still get goosebumps and that tingle of excitement whenever i put them on. And i still cling to the dream that i will one day see them live.
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggreenjumper wrote:
Sick Sid wrote:
... listened to some songs... got excited... listened to some more songs on youtube... got all their records... for too much money, but anyway... I still don't get, why this band isn't big worldwide... just don't get it. I don't listen to anything else right now. It's been literally decades ago, that I've been so excited about a band.

Me and my buddies listen to tons of this kind of music and but we've never came across Reuben...

Tis exactly how i felt when i first heard them just before INWT was released. For ages i couldn't listen to anything else. Every single part of their sound and lyrics pinpointed my musical desires, and still cannot belive it took me so long to discover them. I still get goosebumps and that tingle of excitement whenever i put them on. And i still cling to the dream that i will one day see them live.

I hear ya, buddy...

You are hitting the nail on the head with "Every single part of their sound and lyrics pinpointed my musical desires..."

Exactly what I feel.

Right now, I am listening to "A short history of nearly everything"... love that song... great, great lyrics too.
skuthepoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt agree more sick sid. a short history of nearly everything is just as perfect as an end of album song as dusk was......beautiful. would you check out my reuben cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGVdNFjL-4
(just remember that hes always here for us!)
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skuthepoo wrote:
i couldnt agree more sick sid. a short history of nearly everything is just as perfect as an end of album song as dusk was......beautiful. would you check out my reuben cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGVdNFjL-4

Yeah, "Dusk" almost makes me cry and I am not shitting you... it totally gets me everytime.

Nice one, buddy! I wish I could play that song, but I am such a shitty guitar player... great cover!
flagship

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your excitement is infectious ! time to have a reuben binge xx
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am totally addicted...

It's funny... i was over at a friend's house yesterday and played her some songs from Reuben... and she was like... "yeah, that's okay..."... and I just said "okay?? Are you kidding me???"... and she started laughing, because I had this really angry look... and she asked "is everything okay?"... Laughing
flagship

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people don't like reuben right away
and some people don't like them at all
even though I can't even comprehend why
Sick Sid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the way it is. But I don't understand anyway.

Going to see Queens Of The Stone Age tonight. That will be fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: