=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neuben

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Late to the gig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Neuben Reply with quote

Hello there. Finally registered.

As my name suggests I am quite late to the Reuben party. In fact I've missed the party altogether. I got into Reuben roughly a year and a half ago after hearing Blamethrower on Spotify. I think they were linked in from 'The Ghost of a Thousand'??? It seems that somehow, Reuben had totally gone right past me. I vaguely remember hearing a song from them a while back but I thought it was pretty soft and therefore not to my taste. So I was in complete shock to hear that the same band had written Blamethrower.

Around this time I had started to listen to more melodic rock again and decided to give Reuben a few more listens...I mean I was on Spotify, this shits free so what's to lose!?!?! HOLY CRAP, I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! This band can write a song or two. I find it pretty rare that a band can create an album without a single track that I usually skip. In fact I can only think of Pauls Boutique by Beastie Boys right at this time. But Reuben have three of them! Each album is fantastic and I have had them in constant rotation in my car/ipod for nigh on a complete year and a half. I've bored my friends with them, gotten a few girlfriends into them (nobody loves you, take a bow), annoyed my neighbours with them and I'm not one bit bored with them.

I'm gutted I've never see them live and even more gutted to assume that I never will. I can imagine that some/most of you will have some envious stories of the times you saw them live.

It just doesn't make sense as to why they never made it big? Is Jamie to accessable as a rock star? Is it a case of them all not looking like Justin Bieber? It's a real shame that they aren't around. I just read this months Front Magazine yesterday...Alex Sim Wise commented on how she wishes they hadn't have broken up (and blamed it on Jamie going mental!?!?!) Possibly not the nicest thing to say but at least the break up still resonates amongst folk.

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know that there are people out there just discovering something you all found a long time ago. You Jammy so and so's!
Andy Page

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane Lowe said it best...

http://soundcloud.com/lokireturns/reuben-zane-lowe-praise/s-331Kj

Last edited by Andy Page on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
skuthepoo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a couple of little tracks you might fail to have seen that they have done. they did a collaboration track with your code name is: milo called 'Captain of lies' which is really good, and also jamie has done a few collaborations that are amazing, 'Mexican Wave' from the album Pledge: a tribute to Kerbdog. and also 'Too Scared To Fight'. the last two are available on youtube, the other is on spotify. check them out, you will probably love them

FURTHERMORE, have you been on the reuben website and downloaded their old old stuff from when they were called "ANGEL"? those collections of songs are AMAZING, probably my favourite of all time!!

it kills me when im reminded their not together. but im one of the lucky ones, i actually got to go and see them live.
(just remember that hes always here for us!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: