=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Happens In Aldershot Stays In Aldershot DVD for sale...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
average_jon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: What Happens In Aldershot Stays In Aldershot DVD for sale... Reply with quote

Hello. I haven't posted on a forum in many years, but I've crawled out of evil lurker woodwork at last to say the following...

Firstly, I am a massive Reuben fan (well, 5' 10") and it breaks my black, black heart that they're no longer kicking our faces off with tasty music songs. Booooooo.

Secondly, I have a spare copy of the What Happens in Aldershot Stays In Aldershot DVD that I've had for years and forgot about - The short history of which is that I ordered one off the internet / it didn't show up / saw one in a shop and bought it / one i ordered turned up / ended up with two / remembered several years later / visited forum and started typing this bollocks.

So, I am selling it as it doesn't make sense to have two, and that I'm sure there's a tonne of folk who'd make better use of it than the lining of a jiffy bag currently does.

It's still sealed, and is here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250671421405

I've read some disquiet from folk regarding Ebay sales of Reuben items... Well, it is what it is. I'm selling the DVD on Ebay not to extort anyone, but so that everyone who might want it has a chance. I'm aware that they've gone for silly money in the past, but truthfully I'll be happy if it sells at all. Just so you know.

Erm, yeah. That's it. Sorry about the listing's 'decoration', I get a bit carried away with photoshop sometimes.

Cheers Smile
biggreenjumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a bit of effort put in to selling this absolute treasure.

GOOD WORK, SIR!
Parties Break Hearts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed mine on Play.com marketplace thing for 45, not expecting to sell it, but you never know. And then someone went and bought it. Mental. Is it that rare, or was the buyer just that desperate?

Good luck with the auction anyway.
average_jon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how rare it is in reality; I know 2 other people who have it - would be interesting to know how many were pressed, though...

Personally I think it's all a bit bonkers, but then it is an awesome DVD... it's pretty much the only DVD I own that I play regularly; I've got the Oceansize box set, and 'Frames Live', and I fkn LOVE Oceansize, but '...Aldershot' has so much more replay value. And there's absolutely no way as a Reuben fan that i would ever sell my other copy - i would imagine other people here would feel the same about theirs.

Anyways, in the absence of having a load of them to sell to everyone who'd like one, I hope it'll bring one person some joy, at least! Very Happy
Parties Break Hearts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 62.00. Looks like my 45 sale was cheap
skuthepoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

62?!?!
bloody hell mate sir....
i didnt realise it was that rare. i flipping love the dvd, never fails to make me laugh.
i considered selling my stux cd once, but WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!! i'd rather keep the artifact of history...i think it was around the time i saw one sold for 130 on ebay.....i thought, bloody hell mate! thats over a 500% profit on what i paid for mine on ebay about a year previously

i got my aldershot dvd when it first came out i think, i was well exited! i'd never get rid of it. but whats even better than just receiving the DVD, jim actually wrote a message to me on the envelope!!! i'll have to upload a picture of it to show, i've compared the hand-writing to the inlay of the aldershot dvd, and its identical, and also identical to the message he wrote on my in nothing we trust cd, same handwriting. it excites me to look at it. it says:
STEPHEN, YOUR POSTCODE IS YO!!!
YO!!!!!!!! (UNDERLINED SEVERAL TIMES)

probably no one will read this. wish this forum was still alive.....and the band..
(just remember that hes always here for us!)
jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Scared Of The Police for 4.20 off ebay last week Cool
I do feel like a bit of a twat owning 3 now.
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give you 5 for it Very Happy Had that one on watch then totally forgot about it

http://www.last.fm/user/ripscarspitstar
colour_golden
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo wrote:

That was you was it? lucky sod! I was watching it but forgot about it....oh well i still got a copy and the promo Very Happy
jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colour_golden wrote:
jimbo wrote:

That was you was it? lucky sod! I was watching it but forgot about it....oh well i still got a copy and the promo Very Happy

Haha unlucky mike!
In all seriousness if somebody would like to make a silly offer I'll sell one of them!
Alfie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skuthepoo wrote:
it says:
STEPHEN, YOUR POSTCODE IS YO!!!
YO!!!!!!!! (UNDERLINED SEVERAL TIMES)

probably no one will read this. wish this forum was still alive.....and the band..

Thats fucking brilliant man

www.ottawahoax.bandcamp.com
DeadBoomerang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Aldershot DVD - pre order for 2020? Reply with quote

On Zavvi's website, you can pre-order the Aldershot DVD for delivery in the year 2020.

http://www.zavvi.com/cd/reuben/reuben-what-happens-in-aldershot-stays-in-aldershot/8618053.html?affil=BUYAT#top

What tomfoolerly is this!?

At 15.99 with free P&P, it's tempting. But I'm certain I still won't have this DVD in 10 years time...

Rolling Eyes
my3dtvtan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, really sorry to hijack a topic for my own dirty deeds but seems better than starting another topic the same as this one..

The sad day has come for me to sell one of my best loved posessions Sad Whenever I need cheering up all I need do is stick this dvd on and it brings an instant joy to my heart, however due to debt hanging over my head from a worthless degree I am being forced to part with it Sad Its in pretty exelent condition seen as it has been loved and looked after by me since it dropped through the post.

I am a true Reuben fanatic (check my tattoo in the tat topic) and Im not selling this out of greed, it has given me so many good times and Im happy it can be passed on to another who hasnt had the chance to enjoy it yet. I wanted to give anyone who still lurks these parts first dibs on it so if anyone is interested please send me a message, all will be replied to. Depending on how things go I'll stick it on Ebay in a few days.

Cheers dudes[/img]

Brian : "Your Drunk"
Stewie : "Your Sexy"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: