=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Christmas is Awesome' for Xmas NO1 (2010)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadBoomerang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: 'Christmas is Awesome' for Xmas NO1 (2010) Reply with quote

Hey guys Smile (I accidentally posted this in the website' part of the forum already...oops!)

So might be a bit of a longshot but I work for a small record label (not particularly relevant but I'm setting the scene haha) and today in the office we were discussing 'Christmas is Awesome' and Reuben's failed attempt to get Xmas NO1 in 2007...

GROUP BLURB:

OK, it's Reuben. NO1 is nigh on impossible (particularly because everybody will try for the Xmas top spot after Rage's success last year). But top 10...even top 20 would be great. This is about celebrating and exposing a great band and song. Selling 100 downloads of the song is success enough, we'll have an awesome (*ba dum dum tsk*) Xmas either way and Roob will have a couple of extra coppers in their pocket.

Reuben attempted the Xmas NO1 for 'Christmas is Awesome' back in 2007 but a mix up saw the wrong track submitted. Now on 'infinite hiatus', the much beloved but extremely underrated rock act Reuben deserve recognition for their song that sounds great at any time of the year, not just Christmas!

The official FaceBook group can be located here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=111188372262745&ref=mf#!

Please join and invite your friends...I can't stress this part enough!

Please tweet/blog a link to the group too if you can, that would be immense

A few of the Reuben YouTube videos are littered with comments about the failed 2007 attempt and how we should try again. Reuben might not be on everyones conciousness being fairly underground an' all, but the video is awesome enough to win over people who have never heard of them I am sure!

It's JUNE....WTF!? We need to start this campaign early because of Roob not being as well known as Rage and what not.

I'm sure there are other criticisms...feel free to share them haha!

Last edited by DeadBoomerang on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadBoomerang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

63 members in 5 days. Nice Smile
DeadBoomerang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're currently at 328 members - if you've yet to join and invite your friends, get on it!

There can't only be 328 Reuben fans out there...

I'm currently trying to get Xtra Mile to involved with promoting the cause.

If we reach 700 members, I'll be hounding the music press for involvement.
keep your mouth shut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to give this is as much support as possible!

Share it on any message boards or whatever. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: