=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shambles is stil the most emotional song ever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flagship

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: shambles is stil the most emotional song ever Reply with quote

I love this song with all my heart
so much

anothe rsong with similar passion: tough shit mickey by conflict

different kind of passion but all the same
I love both of these songs
and right now
more than ever

so i left this forum so bad
I love everyone here so much Smile

I will save 10 pounds from eveyrpaycheck from now until when I have a lot of money
and using this incentive I will organise an amazing gig
with reuben
whatever price it is
even if they don't want money
howeveler long it takes
I don't want to force it
but when I time omes I will help it happen
flagship

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I just read that back

SO gay, sorry, but I'm not sober right now

I need to apply to uni but I don't know how to do it Sad
ucas is such a mission! maybe people here could read through personal statement? maybe it would help
that wouldbe amazing if u guys would do htat and give me feedback Very HappyVery Happy
omg that is the greatest idea, if u could recmmend what uni as well !! omg
yes, the main thing I have found difficult with applying to uni is thar I have no helping hand telling me what to do, I just realised that maybe I do
anyway
yes
I have bought some decks and am now mixing dnb
it if my birthday in a week
if anyone has a party in essex where they want me to play I can bring PA and decks and mixer and vinyl, it'll be so good I guarantee !!
flagship

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha this is so funny
Aidan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the equivalent of the drunken-ex phone call.
randomwab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we can put love for Shambles in here, even though this thread is a shambles?

Harr harr!

Either way, I've been listening to this song a ton over the past few weeks, and it really is fantastic. I never really cared for the Pilot version but hot damn at the new one.

It's probably up there with my favourite Reuben songs now. So good.
Jay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha this is the best thread.

Flagship if you still want UCAS help when you've sobered up, PM me Razz I did it twice so happy to help.
Bringer of death you say?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haah I agree with the sentiments.
and UCAS is a pain. Even with my college's help I couldn't get my head round it XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
flagship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Films have fascinated me from a very young age. I had an early experience exploring Pinewood Studies, where my father was directing, and was amazed by the amount of effort that went into the creation of a feature film. I have been intrigued by the behind-the-scenes world ever since. My friends and I have created several short films and scripts, predominantly focusing on the horror genre, in which I'm usually behind the camera rather than on screen. One of my favourite films was Twelve Monkeys. The idea of an individual's life falling apart around them and there being nothing they can do to stop it makes it compulsive viewing. Willis finds it difficult to distinguish what is real and what isn't as he jumps through time. Terry Gilliam presents this growing madness in a strikingly bleak and stylized world.

Learning a second language has always been important to me. My mother comes from Hamburg and half our family live in Germany. We visit them regularly, and in the last year I have visited Berlin twice with friends to get a better feel of the culture. I plan to visit as much as possible this year. I also watch German films when I can, finding that they help to improve vocabulary and are also very enjoyable. I found Das Leben der Anderen very intense and exciting; the portrayal of life East of the wall was very affecting, and Wiesler's growing obsession with the couple had me gripped. Recently I also saw an independent film from Berlin called Schwarze Schafe. With its interweving plots and characters this was a very entertaining dark comedy exploring the underground activities of people in the city.

Aside from my interest in Film and German, I enjoy travelling, experiencing other cultures and meeting new people. I try to maintain my physical fitness by playing squash and skateboarding regularly. I am also in a band in which I play keyboard and guitar, we gig throughout Essex as much as possible. During this gap year I am planning on going travelling for a month with a friend. We plan to take two video cameras and film the journey, with the intention of editing it and having a final document to remember it by.

any tips or help would be so appreciated !
I'm applying for film and german

does anyone know anything bad about any of these unis or any reasons I shouldn't apply to them?? (I have pretty much just randomly chosen them as I have no idea what I'm doing ! Neutral)

uni of sussex, uni of kent, uni of nottingham, uni of southampton

thank you!
Aidan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nottingham or Nottingham Trent and Southampton or Southampton Solent? I have two friends who went to Sussex and loved it, though from what they said I'd be prepared for a lot of hippy bullshit, what with it being the home of all ultra-left-wing naive retards who believe that all the world's problems would be fixed if everyone wore a Che Guevera t-shirt. My singer and her boyfriend both went to Nottingham Trent, and though they both dug it I didn't really rate Nottingham that much as a city when I lived there. SOME cool night-life, but a lot of really dodgy areas...

Edit: Southampton is a cool city though. My girlfriend's studying photography at Solent at the moment and really digs it.

Edit 2: At what point did I stop saying that people 'dig' things in an ironic way and actually start using it as part of my regular vocabulary? Damn.

Last edited by Aidan on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
flagship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nottingham and southampton without the trent and the solent
I've visited nottingham and thought it was pretty good, altho I was just really drunk,. same for southampton lol
you're really not selling sussex to me Razz
I reckon I'll apply to allof these places, then make my decision based on who says yes to me.....? seems to make sense,
Jay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at Nottingham Trent and I love the city, awesome for shopping and I love the nightlife, great pubs and Rock City... some proper trashy clubs of course and like Aidan said some dodgy areas. Every city has its bad areas though and I live in Clifton and haven't had any trouble. It's all pretty much exaggerated. Never heard a gunshot let alone seen one. I really do love it here and I'm considering staying here after uni which I never thought I'd do.

Can't give you any info on the U of N, but I've heard it's bloody good. Better than Trent anyway.

Just apply everywhere, your personal statement's pretty similar to how mine was and I got offers from everywhere. I'd take out some of the things like "I watch german movies when i can", you don't need to clarify and it makes it sound weaker.

Also you spelt interweaving wrong Wink
flagship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah !
I have just realised that I have spelt interweaving wrong my entire life until now, cheers for the heads up !

yes nottingham is currently my fave, as I have a couple of people I know up there as well
leanne

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagship wrote:
woah !
I have just realised that I have spelt interweaving wrong my entire life until now, cheers for the heads up !

yes nottingham is currently my fave, as I have a couple of people I know up there as well

Ahhhh come to Southampton, it's ace here. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraid I have been accepted by nottingham ! gonna be a very funny few years Very Happy x
leanne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh rubbish! congratulations anyway!

don't forget to absolutely piss your first year up the wall, none of your grades count towards your degree so it's basically non-stop party time Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: