=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ghost Of A Thousand diss Reuben about TwoByThree EP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haunted Devil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: The Ghost Of A Thousand diss Reuben about TwoByThree EP Reply with quote

I recently did an interview with Tom Lacey who is the vocalist of TGOAT during their Eastpak Antidote tour with Alexisonfire and that lot. I mentioned the TwoByThree EP and how they got involved with it, and apparently Reuben didn't give them any copies of the release or any money from what they earned from it.

Now, I love Reuben to bits and are my favourite band of all time - still are today. But if this is true then it's not really on if I'm honest, though my opinion and views on Reuben have not been dented with this news.

Here is a link to the interview I did, the question concerning the EP is from 4:04 - 4:52 into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBj6E-8_3kM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. On the surface that seems pretty bad. The guy at first didn't seem too bummed about the whole thing, until he said "they've split up now, so fuck 'em", although even that sounded at least partially in jest.

It seems strange about them not receiving any copies of the EP, but as for payment... well, the EP was essentially free promotion for them which could be argued is payment in itself, but then I'm sure TGOAT probably suffer from the same financial issues as Reuben (and most other artists of similar underground status) did, so they probably needed the money.

I can only hypothesize that there was some miscommunication and that the band asked it as a favour rather than a business deal, assuming there were no contracts involved.

Presumably Baddies got free copies as they were selling some on tour and their website a while back, and I would imagine given Reuben's touring history with Engerica, Baddies probably lent the tracks as a favour rather than for money.

Ric or anyone know any facts from Reuben's end?
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie wrote:
I can’t really remember what happened…I’m sure we were talking to their label about giving them some copies to sell and there was definitely talk of splitting any profits after costs between the three bands…thinking about it, perhaps we just never got round to settling on either of these and it got lost in the chaos of what was going on…at the time the label and the band were disintegrating so it’s possible it got over-looked, which is very bad, but lots of very bad things were happening and the slippy grip on business affairs was one of the reasons it all got called off before it got any worse…

As for giving them any money made off it, no one got any money from it, least of all us, as I don’t think the sales even added up to cost of producing, pressing, distributing and promoting the thing. I think baddies only got some copies cos they were at the west end centre where the boxes of them were kept and asked if they could have some. It was a funny tour and we didn’t really talk much to TGOAT, so perhaps this is why it was never brought up.

Whatever the case, I’m certainly gutted that they feel hard done by and as soon as all the business stuff from reuben and hideous is wound up we’ll look into it. as for the idea that we were sitting back raking in profits from these band’s songs, it’s ludicrous. We were trying to help both the other bands. We always tried to do our best by other bands, having been treated shoddily ourselves, so finding out about this is very sad, and we'll do our best to sort it out.

so there you go...
colour_golden
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGOAT sucked anyway !
jimbo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colour_golden wrote:
TGOAT sucked anyway !

Exactly what i wanted to say!
Bringer of death you say?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually SEE TGOAT anyway, all we could see was shadows and fog.
I have a great picture of one of their shadows it looks like he's got girraffe horns. Makes me giggle everytime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
{Cap-Down}

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo wrote:
colour_golden wrote:
TGOAT sucked anyway !

They're not bad, got some good tunes and they're energetic live. It's clear that there was some miscommunication and they just feel hard done by even though there may have never been any intention to pay them financially.
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
it's clear that there was some miscommunication and they just feel hard done by even though there may have never been any intention to pay them financially.

hold on - that's not true at all - they blatantly would have been given a share of the profit had there been a profit and not a loss...
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. What with all the miscommunication, they wouldn't have known it was all actually done at a loss either and probably assumed there was at least someone making money.
Mark/Buns

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as already mentioned, ghost of a thousand are pure shite
flagship

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo wrote:
colour_golden wrote:
TGOAT sucked anyway !

lol *signed*
james

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost of a thousand = Least good band to ever have supported reuben on any tour ever.

Dig?

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
birosandbluetack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dig
james

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's aaaaaall gravy, son.

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
NoMotorisedAction

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
Ghost of a thousand = Least good band to ever have supported reuben on any tour ever.

Dig?

I think Sum 41 take the cake. Yuuuuuck!

EDIT: I just realized you said support, my mistake!

Last edited by NoMotorisedAction on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: