=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting/funny Reuben shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hempy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatvegan wrote:

After that would be my first gig which was Los Skeletos at the Water Rats.

I can't remember if it was for every song but I vaguely remember Jamie pointing at people in the crowd and saying 'what's song do you want us to play next' and they'd duly play the request. Eventually someone asked for 'Freddy Kreuger' and Jamie went on one saying he couldn't believe they chose that song out of their entire back catalogue and it was one they'd probably play at the end anyway. He made a meal of the request before saying something like 'are you really really sure that, out of all of our songs, the only one you want to hear is that song', got the nod and played it anyway.

It was lost on me at the time (I'd only heard/seen the downloadable vids from the home page at the time; Wooden Boy, LSHO) but funny looking back (even though I may not have told it in such a way)

I asked for Good Night Smile
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kenco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last glasgow gig where jim was shouting 'get tae fuck' all night.
'one day this will all stop, and I won't have to run or rush and push or try, and I will give back everything I took, I will kiss everyone I love, and I will fall asleep and I won't wake up for weeks and weeks...'
lauraa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get a sickness bug the day before the last scotland gig, well done me...

I remember when they supported Sum 41 (who were awful I think) at the barras and Jamie did the set as terminator, accent and duct tape on face. My friend after the gig told me that "those german guys were fucking terrible!"

We haven't spoken since that night Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: