=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think, for just one more night....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Do you think, for just one more night.... Reply with quote

Reuben would play?

After watching this awesome video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuduOHoz9Y&feature=related

and reading the description that we, the fans, would be willing to donate money in order to record the gig and film it and release it as a final send off. I know no one involved in the band really seems to have the inclination to do it by themselves but that if it were spread out that we could have a proper final send off. I know that their last tour could be seen as them saying this is the end (without actually saying tis is it) but it didn't seem like it at the time.

I know Jamie doesn't really have the time to commit to the band but one more show would be marvelous, or maybe this is just the ramblings of a drunk.
Haunted Devil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think, for just one more night.... Reply with quote

petrolmonkey wrote:
Reuben would play?

After watching this awesome video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuduOHoz9Y&feature=related

and reading the description that we, the fans, would be willing to donate money in order to record the gig and film it and release it as a final send off. I know no one involved in the band really seems to have the inclination to do it by themselves but that if it were spread out that we could have a proper final send off. I know that their last tour could be seen as them saying this is the end (without actually saying tis is it) but it didn't seem like it at the time.

I know Jamie doesn't really have the time to commit to the band but one more show would be marvelous, or maybe this is just the ramblings of a drunk.

I'd be more than happy to. They should at least do one last reunion show, not that I can make the decision, but they do then it should happen near me. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, like anyone else, of course love/contribute towards/support this idea... I just can't see it happening.
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I know. It is a silly dream but one show, an evening of their lives so that we could feel that we said bye properly. I was never one who thought that bands owe anything to their fans and I still don't but in a way I feel cheated almost of a band who really meant a lot to me, wrote a song that made me open my eyes and realise I wasn't happy with where I was and changed it. They know that their fans held them close to their hearts and that in return they held us (as a collective) close and an e-mail just really doesn't seem right as a place to leave it.

Of course it might not be the end but if it is it doesn't feel right.
Tippo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone would donate towards something like that, although as it was a message from barney and not from the band I still don't think of Reuben as a band who have split up. Although if they confirmed that Reuben was no more we could push for one last gig. Great idea though if it happened Smile
Steph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, you sound like you've been through a horrible break up and you want your girlfriend back! awww Sad *hug* it's ok...it'll just take time.
Aidan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"D'ya think.... for just one night.... if I paid her..."
secondtimeuser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No encores.

Yeah it would be great, but setlist would be a nightmare for anyone to pick and probably leave more than a few people disappointed with at least one or two choices. Then venue, the intimacy and awesomeness of the Westy or somewhere where you can fit a whole load of people in?

And we've already got one brilliant DVD, do we need another with (probably) shoddy A/V production and less of a feel to it?

April was awesome, and the next Reuben show should only be part of the full reunion tour in 2011 (or sooner).
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I know but I'm sure everyone who is on here knows what I mean. It would just be a gig where you know it is the end so you savor it more. The music they made meant a lot of things to a lot of people and in different ways so if it was a money thing we would hire a venue, get bands that everyone knows and likes to support and just basically have a massive party. It isn't like they fell out or anything (to our knowledge at least and I'm positive isn't the case) nor did they run out of steam. They just ceased to be.

I like many others on this forum support music way more than a normal person should and would just like to hear Crimson played live one last time knowing this is it.

Ultimately I should stop drinking and coming up with stupid ideas

And no Steph. It wont heal ever.
secondtimeuser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrolmonkey wrote:
I like many others on this forum support music way more than a normal person should and would just like to hear Crimson played live one last time knowing this is it.
See, every gig I go to I treat it like it could be the last time I see whatever band it is live, and savour it as much as possible. Adds to the excitement when I get to see the band live again the next time too.

I for one can't think of a much better closing combo than Dusk and Stuck in My Throat, which were the last two Reuben tracks I saw.
Rich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most likely way to do this would be for someone here to have an absolutely massive garden, throw a party (the entry ticket would be 1 piece of reuben merch - clothing or a cd or whatever, to prove you're not just anyone) and invite all members of reuben, get them really drunk, and put instruments into their hands and get everyone to chant song titles until they play something, and then carry on until the entire back catalogue has been played.

i.e. pretty much no chance in hell... but if it did happen it would probably be the best party in the world
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
I think the most likely way to do this would be for someone here to have an absolutely massive garden, throw a party (the entry ticket would be 1 piece of reuben merch - clothing or a cd or whatever, to prove you're not just anyone) and invite all members of reuben, get them really drunk, and put instruments into their hands and get everyone to chant song titles until they play something, and then carry on until the entire back catalogue has been played.

i.e. pretty much no chance in hell... but if it did happen it would probably be the best party in the world

Fuck it. I would fund the entire thing, support, venue and all for the best party in the world. IF they said OK.
Rich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd go halfs on the funding even if it involved taking out a low cost loan from lombard direct.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon if they were up for playing any more gigs at the moment, they probably wouldn't have cancelled those last couple of gigs...
Pol pot/Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give anything for one last gig...literally anything. I wish there was at least some more news on the boys, it annoys me that the last message on the site is Barney's bloody message, I DON'T WANT TO KEEP READING IT!

One last, intimate gig for the fans, now that's the stuff dreams are made of.

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: