=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reuben @ 2000 Trees Festival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chipstick



Age: 30
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1782
Location: Southampton / Bournemouth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
I think he's also a PR man for national rail.

No no, he just gets a bone-on from trains, takes after his Dad that way.
_________________
Aidan wrote:
I've seen MC Hammer's cock


Last edited by chipstick on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Cap-Down}



Age: 27
Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 1735
Location: Cobham Surrey UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipstick wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
I think he's also a PR man for national rail.

No no, he just gets a bone-on from trains, takes after his Dad that way.


TRAINSPOTTER!

I like travelling by train, i just don't like the price. Mind you, driving is expensive too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey



Age: 33
Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
chipstick wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
I think he's also a PR man for national rail.

No no, he just gets a bone-on from trains, takes after his Dad that way.


TRAINSPOTTER!

I like travelling by train, i just don't like the price. Mind you, driving is expensive too.


Only if you drive yourself. Split it between 5 people and you can fill up a tank of petrol for a fraction of a train ticket and go just about anywhere in the UK. Trains are fucked up and no one knows why. It cost me 16 (which has probably gone up again by now) for a travel card.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
{Cap-Down}



Age: 27
Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 1735
Location: Cobham Surrey UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrolmonkey wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
chipstick wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
I think he's also a PR man for national rail.

No no, he just gets a bone-on from trains, takes after his Dad that way.


TRAINSPOTTER!

I like travelling by train, i just don't like the price. Mind you, driving is expensive too.


Only if you drive yourself. Split it between 5 people and you can fill up a tank of petrol for a fraction of a train ticket and go just about anywhere in the UK. Trains are fucked up and no one knows why. It cost me 16 (which has probably gone up again by now) for a travel card.


Actualy i'm going to Brecon next week and it's only costing me 30, for some reason it's cheaper to buy 2 single tickets.

It would cost me 40 to fill my tank to go Brecon, and i'm sure i'd use it all.

Still, yeah, for most journeys driving is cheaper.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey



Age: 33
Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
petrolmonkey wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
chipstick wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
I think he's also a PR man for national rail.

No no, he just gets a bone-on from trains, takes after his Dad that way.


TRAINSPOTTER!

I like travelling by train, i just don't like the price. Mind you, driving is expensive too.


Only if you drive yourself. Split it between 5 people and you can fill up a tank of petrol for a fraction of a train ticket and go just about anywhere in the UK. Trains are fucked up and no one knows why. It cost me 16 (which has probably gone up again by now) for a travel card.


Actualy i'm going to Brecon next week and it's only costing me 30, for some reason it's cheaper to buy 2 single tickets.

It would cost me 40 to fill my tank to go Brecon, and i'm sure i'd use it all.

Still, yeah, for most journeys driving is cheaper.


Ahem (I highlighted the relevant bit.) Find someone else to go and you are already saving a tenner. The thing I don't get is, The train runs regardless of how much I spend on a ticket. The same number of people must be employed as they used to (maybe a few more due to more people using public transport, which isn't happpening anyway) so why does it cost so much more?


Last edited by petrolmonkey on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
chipstick



Age: 30
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1782
Location: Southampton / Bournemouth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for fuck sake, one post and the Ginger Ninja has got everyone talking about trains! Typical Rolling Eyes
_________________
Aidan wrote:
I've seen MC Hammer's cock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fuzzle3



Age: 28
Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 673
Location: Essex/Cambridge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets start on buses now! 2 for a single into town from my house, roughly a 5 minute drive. It's a bloody rip off! And before anyone says that I should walk, sometimes I'm running late Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
smithers



Age: 28
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 738
Location: Bookham, surrey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like trains cos theyre full of pee and chunder and wierd smelling people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tippo



Age: 27
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 202
Location: Redhill, Surrey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smithers wrote:
I dont like trains cos theyre full of pee and chunder and wierd smelling people.


Where are you getting your train India?
_________________
Leaping Badger Hidden Saxophone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey



Age: 33
Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippo wrote:
smithers wrote:
I dont like trains cos theyre full of pee and chunder and wierd smelling people.


Where are you getting your train India?


Where are you getting your train?! try them on a Friday or Saturday night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
chipstick



Age: 30
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1782
Location: Southampton / Bournemouth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippo wrote:
smithers wrote:
I dont like trains cos theyre full of pee and chunder and wierd smelling people.


Where are you getting your train India?

HA!
_________________
Aidan wrote:
I've seen MC Hammer's cock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james



Age: 31
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 1712
Location: Stirling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrispy wrote:
I think next Summer would be a great time to do it. Gives everybam plenty of advance notice and no excuses for not trying to save some money for it.

An adventure is well on the cards...last time I joined a Reuben meetup was yonks ago! The rest of the Scottish boardies don't know what they're missing!


Wanna share a tent little fella?

Oh that's right, I'm well-in Cool

You get my text?
_________________
Feedbacker.

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrispy



Age: 33
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Posts: 1233
Location: Purgatory, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me sir James. Only text I got off you was at Arnocorps about doom metal and my missus. Smile
_________________
Stay Puffed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
james



Age: 31
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 1712
Location: Stirling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, they were incredibly shit. I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes being very bitter that I spent 18 quids on that. then got chewing gum stuck to my shoe.

Did you make her listen to SLEEP?!?!?!

Fuckin....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9IAvv32wE

Everyone needs a bit of that in there lives. Especially you. And yr missus.
_________________
Feedbacker.

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrispy



Age: 33
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Posts: 1233
Location: Purgatory, Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArnoCorps are a band you either get, or don't. I'm in the former for this one. Smile The only guttin' thing was the whole queue time thing and a crap bassist breaking a string. Boom.

We were mint the two days after.
_________________
Stay Puffed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group