=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham academy - opening night photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonPhi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikestuf wrote:
JonPhi wrote:
wait.. don't tell me you live in Derby and went to the same gigs as me?? haha, that'd be insane!! why would i be the one in the evil parallel universe.. hahaha

Now, if on the date Reuben were in Glasgow (Thursday the 3rd if I remember) you decided to see Frank Turner in Sheffield, then I'm going to have to start procedings to sue you for identity theft.

unfortunately my friend.. i would have LOVED to see frank turner in sheffield that night BUT i was in Picadilly, London seeing Dashboard Confessional solo acoustic (Chris Carrabba) in a church!! it was soo creamy.. and i met him afterwards (not the first time meeting him though

and on the other day in between the reuben gigs i went to (on the 4th april) i was seeing City & Colour (Dallas Green) at Nottingham Rescue Rooms the night before reuben were to play on that stage... i also met Dallas too..

such a good week 5 gigs in 5 nights Cool

Last edited by JonPhi on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JonPhi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikestuf wrote:
JonPhi wrote:
wait.. don't tell me you live in Derby and went to the same gigs as me?? haha, that'd be insane!! why would i be the one in the evil parallel universe.. hahaha

Now, if on the date Reuben were in Glasgow (Thursday the 3rd if I remember) you decided to see Frank Turner in Sheffield, then I'm going to have to start procedings to sue you for identity theft.

thinking about it.. i met someone at the reuben gig in sheffield who said they were going to see frank turner the next day at Corporation.. but i doubt that was you as it was a friend of a friend and their brother
ilikestuf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although my week of giggage only covered three counties, due to the dedication of breaking my car in the process of travelling to said gigs, and putting myself in a position where I can now pretty much only afford to eat beans and cheap tuna, I think I win on bonus points. Plus I technically met Frank. Though he may have politely told me that he didn't have time and ran away before I could say anything, it still counts Razz

Edit: Nah, wasn't me.

Last edited by ilikestuf on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pol pot/Christ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow those pics are awesome!

It looks like you must have been standing in front of me at the front because these angles are exactly how I remember seeing them! Surprised you got some pics of Ghost of a thousand though he was all over the shop!

I would love to save these if that would be ok, I took my camera but all my pics came out badly. Was an amazing gig, I got there early and as soon as I walked in the door I clocked Jamie at the merch stand next to Katie so managed to meet him and get an autograph and said hello to Katie. Then if that wasn't cool enough, when the Baddies came on he came and stood next to me and my mates and watched the whole set!

The set was awesome but I did feel that the guys didn't seem as happy as they had the year before when I had seen them at the Academy. It was like it was all starting to get a bit too much like hard work for them and they were losing faith. I wish I could get to see them live again but I'm glad that Brum in April was the last Gig I saw because it was the dogs!

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Your Photos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: