=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norwich Waterfront Gig
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
degoose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Norwich Waterfront Gig Reply with quote

Well just got back and what an amazing gig, i saw reuben last year supporting Fightstar and that was great but this show was brilliant. Seems they had the same set list to the birmingham gig,which was perfect. Some interseting changes to the words to do with crowd surfing as well , lol

Jim was hilarious and everything sounded perfect, how did it go for everyone else, did everyone who travelled get back ok. Only downside to tonight was that there was no t-shirts available as they had already sold out the lot at the other gigs. They did apologise though Smile

Last edited by degoose on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking wow, just got back - missed the last bus so had to taxi but I don't care!!

Amazing set. I was right at the barrier in front of Jim. He and Jon were hilarious together. Patty cakes, square pits, "I hate this fucking guitar", "This isn't a really shit solo, I'm tuning up", "I forgot the fucking words!", "NO CROWDSURFING" in the middle of Banner Held High and various others, "This girl that I'm so sick of STOP FUCKING CROWDSURFING i forgot the words again", Guy's drum solo, Jon's bass solo in DLNA and Jim taking the piss... amazing. Best gig of my entire life.

You might've spotted me at the end; I was the girl in tears. Laughing
degoose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Fucking wow, just got back - missed the last bus so had to taxi but I don't care!!

Amazing set. I was right at the barrier in front of Jim. He and Jon were hilarious together. Patty cakes, square pits, "I hate this fucking guitar", "This isn't a really shit solo, I'm tuning up", "I forgot the fucking words!", "NO CROWDSURFING" in the middle of Banner Held High and various others, "This girl that I'm so sick of STOP FUCKING CROWDSURFING i forgot the words again", Guy's drum solo, Jon's bass solo in DLNA and Jim taking the piss... amazing. Best gig of my entire life.

You might've spotted me at the end; I was the girl in tears. Laughing

lol yeah loved the NO CROWDSURFING singing. Reuben give great comedy entertainment and are amazingly entertaining, pisses me off that there is so many untalented crap indie bands in this world that have no charisma. Im glad i found reuben.
Rooster36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was pretty amazing,especially for my first gig ever. i thought baddies and ghost were good considering when i first heard i was'nt liking them much.jamie was standing in front of me during those two and hardly anyone noticed, and did anyone else see the kid who looked like napoleon dynamite
degoose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooster36 wrote:
yeah it was pretty amazing,especially for my first gig ever. i thought baddies and ghost were good considering when i first heard i was'nt liking them much.jamie was standing in front of me during those two and hardly anyone noticed, and did anyone else see the kid who looked like napoleon dynamite

hehe im guessing you mean the kid near the post with the frizzy hair.
Rooster36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, all he needed was glasses and an hispanic friend he'd be well sorted
kiwi3007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
i wanted to go to this gig soooo much!!!

but i couldnt get transport!!

bugger
And I Die In Every Film!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooster36, did you find the bus station OK? Laughing
Rooster36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thanks, i got a bit lost on the way there and i asked someone for directions but on the way back it was fine, i jogged most of it to be on the safe side.Did you go?
BlueMinerva

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking incredible! I think the anti-crowdsurfing thing came from when some guy literally picked me up, and then a load of guys lobbed me over the barrier and I landed on my head. I think I broke my finger, but I had a fucking amazing night, the boys were incredible! I loved it when Jamie started talking about "Keepers" toys, "who bought you one in secret so you wouldn't have to be ashamed of having a toy for girls?"

Also, BBL was FUCKING RAW. Nuff said. x
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueMinerva wrote:
Fucking incredible! I think the anti-crowdsurfing thing came from when some guy literally picked me up, and then a load of guys lobbed me over the barrier and I landed on my head. I think I broke my finger, but I had a fucking amazing night, the boys were incredible! I loved it when Jamie started talking about "Keepers" toys, "who bought you one in secret so you wouldn't have to be ashamed of having a toy for girls?"

Also, BBL was FUCKING RAW. Nuff said. x

Jamies always been very anti-crowd surfing actually. Rightly so. Nothing worse than being whacked in the back of the head by someones fat arse. Well theres plenty worse. But its still bad.
leaping badger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueMinerva wrote:
Fucking incredible! I think the anti-crowdsurfing thing came from when some guy literally picked me up, and then a load of guys lobbed me over the barrier and I landed on my head.

Dayum i remember you, wondered where the hell you came from, even the security didn't have time to react, glad to hear that you're like still alive :p

was right at the front, in the middle and was called 'cherub face' by jamie after shouting for 'numb at four in the morning', appologies to the people i squeezed between to get there, i did plan to move back but got pushed into the front, no complaints here though. Good to hear The last time, hope they release it as a b-side, fantastic gig Very Happy
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see Weezer about 6 years ago, at brixton, some utter twat was crowdsurfing over my head, so i put my hands up to keep his filthy sweaty skaggy body off my face, turns out this guy had a load of drawing pins or safety pins or some kind of needles in his back pocket. The result of the story is a needle enters the end of my right thumb, goes the whole way in and scrapes the bone, which was hands down the most painful experience of my life to date.

for this reason I am very against crowdsurfing, its ridiculous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aidan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell. Ouch.
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking about it still makes the right hand side of my body start shivering and my eyes start watering. this is true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: