=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supporting Sum 41 in February/March?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudDog wrote:
{Cap-Down} wrote:
Is clerks two anygood, like as good as the first one?

I found it disappointing, except for the clip supplied above and the ending, which really redeems it.
If you liked the first one, you'll get some enjoyment out of it and it is worth while watching.

It's good, but full of in-jokes, so you have to have seen the first one a couple of times to really appreciate it. Not smith's best work by any measure, but I also wouldn't go as far as calling it disappointing.

The only reason it got made is because kevin smith promised jason (the guy playing jay... I forget his surname) that he'd make another jay&silent bob film if he could stay off the heroin, and he did, so smith kept his end of the bargain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sarah:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates gone to the Sum 41 gig tonight... doesn't even listen to Reuben which I believe is a travesty.

BUT she just redeemed herself by ringing me while Reuben were on.
Awesome. Very Happy
TheFireBlaze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was at the gig last nite, i was surprised at the lack of reuben fans there so the atmosphere at the front was pretty disapointing. i think jamies humor was lost a little on the sum 41 fans, who incidentally i thought were awful. nice to see the guys in action again tho, cant wait for april:D
CloudDog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFireBlaze wrote:
i was at the gig last nite, i was surprised at the lack of reuben fans there so the atmosphere at the front was pretty disapointing. i think jamies humor was lost a little on the sum 41 fans, who incidentally i thought were awful. nice to see the guys in action again tho, cant wait for april:D

This is why I described the Brixton set list as brave.
If they'd played Freddie Krugger, Keep It To Yourself, et al, they might have appealed to the Sum 41 fans a little more than Ambulance, for example (which i think is a work of genius BTW). Kudos to them for the songs they play and representing their true selves.
TheFireBlaze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, at the beginning i though they may play a few of the 'catchier' old songs such as freddy k, l.s.h.o and maybe blame thrower etc as that may have appealed to the audience that they were playing to more, i knew that they would play new songs, although i didnt expect as many! to be honest i dont care whats songs they play i like em all anyway:D
secondtimeuser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nottingham set:

Cities on Fire
Blood, Bunny, Larkhall
Lights Out
We're All Going Home in an Ambulance
Agony/Agatha
TONIGHT MY WIFE IS YOUR WIFE Very Happy
Keep It to Yourself

I will never, ever get bored of seeing Tonight My Wife.. live - so, so brilliant.

However, I think I may have annoyed some of the 15-year-olds while rocking out by myself to the boys, as some stupid bitch punched me in the face during KITY =/

And Sum 41 were utter tripe too, wasted at least 20 minutes of their set just cocking around on stage not playing anything and trying to get the crowd to make various noises, and the crowd were still lame during '41 anyway. Heh.

My jaw hurts...
sad_statue_27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudDog wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Did you actually vomit in disgust? Cause if you did, it totally makes you a hardcore reuben fan.

Was it like the scene in "Clerks 2" where the Lord Of The Rings fan boy gets taunted so hard that he vomits? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM

Probably the best scene of any film ever.

Pretty good set, nice to see the inclusion of the odd Racecar tune

Also, does anyone know what Sum 41's setlist was?

Last edited by sad_statue_27 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
SmilingInsincerely

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Newcastle Show Reply with quote

Went to the Newcastle show on Sunday, seems like everyone has the same story here. Reuben played their most abrasive and aggressive songs throughout the set.

I thought they might do, and when they opened up with Alpha Signal 3 I knew what kinda set they had in mind. Interestingly there was nothing from Racecar in the set, but they did play a couple of really early songs. Shambles even got an airing. It was awesome.

Didn't look like Jamie was in a terribly good mood, and at one point I'm pretty sure he had a little go at Guy for apparently messing up an Intro (I couldn't really tell, but I'm sure Jamie could).

I felt for him and the boys to be honest, it seemed like there was just me and a few hardcore fans down at the front, and the rest were just "Waiting for sum 41"... I mean, if you aren't interested in seeing the band that are on, don't complain about people who ARE being down at the front singing/screaming in your ear. Get to the back of the queue and wait your turn Very Happy

I left after Reuben, not coz I dislike Sum41, I actually quite like em. But just coz I wanted to say "I came here for Reuben, not you."

Went and hung out for a bit at the exit and bumped into Guy. Had a chat, told him I loved it.

And I did, flippin awesome night. From the greatest songwriters in the universe right now.
Craig "Nice Baby" Fairbairn says :- "I can't breathe this atmosphere, wait til I get out of here. Cause I have wasted year after year, and smile I may, but it's insincere my dear..." Thank you Jamie for giving me the words to express my thoughts...
sad_statue_27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Newcastle Show Reply with quote

SmilingInsincerely wrote:
they opened up with Alpha Signal 3...Shambles even got an airing
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Full setlist please.
SmilingInsincerely

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to use an Elizabethan term, Here's the rub, I can't remember the entire setlist in order. I was too busy concentrating on rocking the fudge out.

But I'll tell you the songs they played in no real order.

Alpha Signal 3, Ambulance, Blood Bunny, Blame Thrower, Shambles, Banner Held High. They closed with Cities On Fire, but possibly the highlight of the night was the fact that they played a BRAND NEW song.

As far as I can tell, they haven't played it at any other shows yet, but If they have someone tell me. All i know is that it's got quite a simple chord progression for a Reuben song, it's quite melodic, and the chorus is (I think) just the words "You Are" repeated.

It was mint. Proper mint.
Craig "Nice Baby" Fairbairn says :- "I can't breathe this atmosphere, wait til I get out of here. Cause I have wasted year after year, and smile I may, but it's insincere my dear..." Thank you Jamie for giving me the words to express my thoughts...
sad_statue_27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banner Held High as well?!?!?!?!

Fucking hell, this is a good sign for the April tour. Why the FUCK have I not got a ticket yet??
SmilingInsincerely

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, I think they'll play a wider range during their april tour. From what I can tell, the Newcastle setlist seemed to be a reaction to Jamies mood...

Don't think he wanted to be there, I could be totally wrong. And I for one and bloody glad he was. Me and my mate Callum and the other few Reuben fans that were there.
SmilingInsincerely

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S:- ALL Kevin Smith films are awesome.
sofy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great set list at glasgow, played scared of the police, parties break hearts and some new song. can't really remember what else right now it was a couple days ago... hehe.
fward88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, Jamie wasn't in the greatest mood in Southampton the other week.. he had a joke with the crowd a bit about glow-sticks and appeared to be glad to see some people in the crowd who knew what was going on.

I guess it's just Jamie being Jamie or there some other reason why he hasn't been particulary jovial on this tour? I remember Jon saying to me that Sum 41 weren't sociable really at all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: