=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When I stopped listening to Nobody Loves You..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_incisions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: When I stopped listening to Nobody Loves You.. Reply with quote

I did it for a good reason. It reminded me of my ex, and it depressed me SO much due to the song being associated to our entire relationship.

I heard it all of about 5 minutes ago, and I just wanted to cry. But not because of the memories brought back with it, but just because it's such a beautiful song.

Do any of Reuben's songs have this same effect on you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to Lights out almost non stop about a month ago when everything was going shit with me and my girlfriend just because it felt like i was going through the exact same thing as descibed in the song. Ive since "got the guts " ad now the song is back to being my fave reuben song again.
Alexand0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to listen to Moving To Blackwater with my ex none stop, i even done a special acoustic version for her
It was my fave song at the time
Now i daren't listen to it..
Sad
jmmkcd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any Reuben song has affected me like that. Perhaps the end of A Short History. I listened to that fairly obsessively for a while... but I wouldn't be able to tell you why.

Coldplay - Trouble was the big one for me, as was the majority of Feeder - Swim.
chipstick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banner Held High and Alpha Signal Five are classic 'women suck' songs, but I can't say that I am unable to listen to them if I'm in such a place emotionaly.
Kon-Foozed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with Reuben in particular but the "songs" that I had with my ex are ruined now, even now, years after we broke up and no resentment or heartache or any of that marlarky, just they remind me of when we were going out so I skip it/never listen again.
This is a gold reason of why you don't have songs that you love with girlfriends, cause, touch wood, it goes wrong, you've ruined a classic tune Laughing
jmmkcd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kon-Foozed wrote:
Not with Reuben in particular but the "songs" that I had with my ex are ruined now, even now, years after we broke up and no resentment or heartache or any of that marlarky, just they remind me of when we were going out so I skip it/never listen again.
This is a gold reason of why you don't have songs that you love with girlfriends, cause, touch wood, it goes wrong, you've ruined a classic tune Laughing

haha it;s a shame that usually at the time you're not thinking "oh, no.. better skip this song. if she likes it too and we break up i'm fucked!"

some of the songs were hard to listen to after I broke up with my girlfriend, but ultimately I'm glad we shared them in the first place Smile

As for Swim, I guess I started listening to that at a time when it was only going to be associated with bad memories. It's all good now. one of my faves <3
onedaymyfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I heard 'Words From Reuben' the hairs on the back of my neck stood up!! Especially at the chorus!! F~@kd if I know!!

Can't get enough!!
sam s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy reminds me of a few months ago whereupon i spent the night with a ladyfriend who i had been chasing for years, but then we went to uni in different countries the next day. i still see her at holidays and the like, and the song doesn't depress me at all, but it does make me all warm inside as i remember that time.
sad_statue_27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also stopped listening to Nobody Loves You, but that's just because I think it's a bit shite.
sam s

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad_statue_27 wrote:
I've also stopped listening to Nobody Loves You, but that's just because I think it's a bit shite.

Heathen!
fs_ollie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like people who put down songs like "boy" and "nobody loves you" just coz they arent the usual-non-stop-beat-dropping-reuben, like some of the critics.

They are great songs, and show another side of reubens endless abilities.

So dont put them down guys =p
sad_statue_27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy is a great song.

I just don't really enjoy listening to Nobody Loves You anymore.
Ikilledkurtcobain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily my ex wasn't a Reuben fan...but i can't listen to Buckley anymore...which buggers me right off
You_Will_find_me_out

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam s wrote:
Boy reminds me of a few months ago whereupon i spent the night with a ladyfriend who i had been chasing for years, but then we went to uni in different countries the next day. i still see her at holidays and the like, and the song doesn't depress me at all, but it does make me all warm inside as i remember that time.

I too am a raaaaaather huge fan of "Boy". Originally wasnt too mad keen on it. But with my situation changing I found it grew on me. Smile And now it too fills me with warm feelings. Very Happy (Weird how two guys in one band can have the same feelings about one song. haha!)

But there are countless countless other reuben songs that make me feel either awesome ooooor give me goosebumps. Mainly the end of a short history, the end of teenager, Dusk, Shambles (Both original and long), Words from Reuben, the list goes on!

Proving why I love the guys sooooo dearly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: