=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tattoo pics??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never have a lyric on me. There are so many awesome lyrics wth so many different attached meanings to them. If I had one, I'd have to have them all, and that ain't happening.
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
I could never have a lyric on me. There are so many awesome lyrics wth so many different attached meanings to them. If I had one, I'd have to have them all, and that ain't happening.

BODYSUIT!

I was thinking of getting a tattoo for the last 5 years and only recently decided on what to have. So it was never intended as a memorial thing but it kinda looks that way now.

Its basically artwork from 5 bands I took heavy influence from. The odd things is that as with so many bands I end up bumming severely I hated on first listen.

Anyway here is what I was thinking of (bare in mind its just a rough 'sketch' I did on photoshop because I'm such a cack handed artist, so you can get the general idea):

EDIT: Its a bit big.

Last edited by petrolmonkey on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total
james

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewb, Tallica, Zep, Biff... who is the fifth?

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Size. I was going to have the Mad Capsule Markets (mental cyber punk FTW) but they didn't have any good artwork to steal.
james

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dig MCMs, check out a much better japanese band called Boris. They do a lot of completely different stuff though, so check out the album Pink first for yr Rock. Well gid.

Aidan wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm offended you'd think I haven't. Check out Undown.
chipstick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awesome man, is that gunna be a massive design on your back or summet?
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arm. Imagine the scales of justice in the middle, the zeppelin coming round the front to my shoulder, Skeleton on the back on my tricep and the biffy guy round the front with the oceansize bit coming up the back and onto the top of the shoulder and just generally tying up the empty space between it all.

People always seem to dissuade you from getting band tattoos saying what if you don't like them when your 40, which I understand but the way I look at it is if a band has influenced you it doesn't matter if you dislike them now. Metallica's first 4 albums are awesome and on constant rotation in my CD player and I think Lars Ulrich is one of the biggest dicks ever and their music now if lifeless soul less dross. I never saw them live and now wouldn't want to but the first albums made me want to be able to play that sort of music and I still get chills down my spine when listening to One or Battery. Same with Reuben. Eating Only Apples, Banner Held High, Alpha Signal 5, Short History etc are the same. I could go on.
chipstick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I'd never thought about it like that, fair play. I've toyed with the idea of getting a Reuben tattoo for years, but I really don't think it would suit me.
Spoons

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really want to get a tattoo, but there are just so many lyrics i love, that i havent been able to pick one out.
AL.-pha Signal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
There's been a lot of discussion lately about commemorative tattoos - hopefully people will post them here when they get 'em!

Myself, I know the oxidation logo is most popular, but since the album came out I've wanted the INWT birds on me somewhere. I've finally settled on getting them on my right side, each about an inch big, with possibly a lyric or song title curved around underneath them in the same font used for the main Reuben logo and on the Racecar inlay.

I get paid in a few weeks, recently secured myself a job for the first time in months, so it seems like the end of this month/beginning of next month is a good time to get my first tattoo! Still haven't settled on the words part of it though - was thinking "No One Wins the War" but there's so many other options - so I might get that added some time afterwards. I'm also considering some Stux lyrics, or Moving to Blackwater... it's all so difficult! Since the birds are very much new-school Reuben, I want something more oldschool for the lyrics.

Smile

I had thought of something very similiar. It was my back up plan if I decided the flame logo was a bit to cliche.

going to need to get my mind in gear for something unique. (as well as the flame logo which I can't really resist getting!)

oh and I would post a pic of my biffy related tatoo but I wouldn't want anyone to steal that idea. Wink

Last edited by AL.-pha Signal on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AL.-pha Signal wrote:
Jay wrote:
There's been a lot of discussion lately about commemorative tattoos - hopefully people will post them here when they get 'em!

Myself, I know the oxidation logo is most popular, but since the album came out I've wanted the INWT birds on me somewhere. I've finally settled on getting them on my right side, each about an inch big, with possibly a lyric or song title curved around underneath them in the same font used for the main Reuben logo and on the Racecar inlay.

I get paid in a few weeks, recently secured myself a job for the first time in months, so it seems like the end of this month/beginning of next month is a good time to get my first tattoo! Still haven't settled on the words part of it though - was thinking "No One Wins the War" but there's so many other options - so I might get that added some time afterwards. I'm also considering some Stux lyrics, or Moving to Blackwater... it's all so difficult! Since the birds are very much new-school Reuben, I want something more oldschool for the lyrics.

Smile

I had thought of something very similiar. It was my back up plan if I decided the flame logo was a bit to cliche.

going to need to get my mind in gear for something unique. (as well as the flame logo which I can't really resist getting!)

oh and I would post a pic of my biffy related tatoo but I wouldn't want anyone to steal that idea. Wink

You may as well post it. Chances are someone somewhere has it.
james

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a few bands i'd consider getting tats of... macrocosmica, Fugazi, Sabbath, Primus/les Claypool and reuben. Money and the pain always gets in the way though.

Aidan wrote:
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Primus. i don't listen to enough unfortunately.
james

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were my favoiurite band for a couple of years. For me, they sum up everything that is good about music.

But y'know, i'm a mood swinger. So tomorrow it'll be sonic youth that sum up everything good about music Very Happy

Aidan wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Your Photos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: