=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DLNA Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmmkcd wrote:
Dougal wrote:
james wrote:
flagship wrote:
ahha ! right on the front, they're gonna get so many views

lookin at the comments there's quite a few negative ones

have you even READ the reuben myspace comments recently? Bloody hell it's a mind-turd.

Makes them totally c0ome across as though they were Shitestar, bring me the hairspray, or Flaming bag of scene kids being thrown into a bubbling volcano*.

There's only one problem with those kind of band lovin' kids.

They're not on fire

Biffy, Billy Talent and Snow Patrol are infact excellent.

Biffy and Biz Taz are excellent, I'm not convinced by Snow Patrol though. Their really old stuff was quality, I remember seeing them at V2001 after XFM started playing some of their tunes the year before, really really good stuff, but now they're just a little lame in comparison, the've lost the edge to their music and sound kinda generic.

There is far, far, far worse music around though, in fact most of the new music I've heard in the last year would give the casual listener the impression that Snow Patrol are in fact an excellent band. I'd just call them pretty average though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Parties Break Hearts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reason why this vid isn't on MTV2? Has it simply not had enough votes to get onto rotation? Or what? Seems a bit strange, seeing as MTV2 used to play Reuben videos all the time (Freddy K was on loads, same with Stux and Scared of the), and Zane Lowe seems to like the guys.

I know most of you guys probably couldn't care less and don't even like MTV2, but oh wells
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parties Break Hearts wrote:
Any reason why this vid isn't on MTV2? Has it simply not had enough votes to get onto rotation? Or what? Seems a bit strange, seeing as MTV2 used to play Reuben videos all the time (Freddy K was on loads, same with Stux and Scared of the), and Zane Lowe seems to like the guys.

I know most of you guys probably couldn't care less and don't even like MTV2, but oh wells

Bare in mind that was back when a load of other acts local to the scene Reuben were in were becoming popular like Hundred Reasons and Hell Is For Heroes which is far removed from the popular Indie scene of the moment. That and MTV2 seems to be owned by The NME. Or they're at least the same bed fellows, with NME giving and MTV2 receiving.
Parties Break Hearts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but then again, MTV2 are playing Hundred Reasons latest song.

It's not a big deal, I can watch it on youtube whenever I want. I'd just like to see it on the big screen.
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that is a fair point. It's probably because of Reuben being on their own label and so not holding much sway with the bigwigs at MTV.
arcaneroots

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:

All they need to do is get a crap really wimpy distortion, use 60's replica guitars, vox amps, change the name to 'the reuben' as you said, guy needs to switch to a 3 piece drum kit and learn how to play badly, jon needs to sing more out of tune, and jamie has to sing in a forced english accent as if he has really bad constipation (cough cough kaiser chiefs). All that then needs doing is for one of them to get a picture of their cock circulating around the internet and stardom will be theirs

we use 60's replica guitars and vox amps.... Sad cos there bloody lovely to play. Very Happy good distortion tho, no 'the', electric kit. promotion over. beefing up vox and 60's strats just beggining...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcaneroots wrote:
Rich wrote:

All they need to do is get a crap really wimpy distortion, use 60's replica guitars, vox amps, change the name to 'the reuben' as you said, guy needs to switch to a 3 piece drum kit and learn how to play badly, jon needs to sing more out of tune, and jamie has to sing in a forced english accent as if he has really bad constipation (cough cough kaiser chiefs). All that then needs doing is for one of them to get a picture of their cock circulating around the internet and stardom will be theirs

we use 60's replica guitars and vox amps.... Sad cos there bloody lovely to play. Very Happy good distortion tho, no 'the', electric kit. promotion over. beefing up vox and 60's strats just beggining...

there are always exceptions to the rule! Speaking generally though, you know what i mean...
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parties Break Hearts wrote:

maybe there is some kind of fee involved in putting a music video up for airplay which xtra mile could afford but hideous can't? Maybe they decided extra fans from viewing the vid on MTV would be offset by the cost of getting it on the station in the first place. After all (as already mentioned) MTV2 and NME are pretty much becoming the same stagnating pile of shit and Reuben don't really appeal to the indie kids
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't believe there's a fee.. just depends on the people who decide the playlist as far as i know
Parties Break Hearts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTV2 has a Rock Top 10, so while you're right about the increasing indie playlist, there's still a space for it. Judging by your replies, I guess its simply a matter of taste from the powers that be.
youretakingsides

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to sound like an idiot but who's the other guy in the video ??
Frank turner and????
fuzzle3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Townsend from Hundred Reasons
jmmkcd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an idiot feller. I wouldn't have had a clue if it wasn't for various forum/news posts/videos whatever Very Happy
youretakingsides

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew id seen his face somewhere

Last edited by youretakingsides on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dougal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew him as the one who used to look like Johnny Vegas in HR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: