=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Nothing We Trust- except what the reviewers think of it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Paul_Pluto



Age: 31
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Posts: 766

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what that review says about "crushed" then I'm eagerly awaiting the review from NME Razz
_________________
And oh, what I would give, not to stumble, but to really fall in love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
{Cap-Down}



Age: 27
Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 1735
Location: Cobham Surrey UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Pluto wrote:
From what that review says about "crushed" then I'm eagerly awaiting the review from NME Razz


lol, somone send them a promo now!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
chipstick



Age: 30
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1782
Location: Southampton / Bournemouth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bather wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised that 'A short history of nearly everything' was actually named after the book...

At least, I think that's cool.

Nobody else read bryson? You should.

I'm a big Bryson fan, but not big on science, so I skipped that book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aidan
Moderator


Age: 31
Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Posts: 3269
Location: Yateley, Hampshire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, I can't get into his more factual, less about HIM books, but otherwise he's one of my favourite authors.
_________________
Well if you're just gonna be like that
Then I'll end up in a fight with someone that I really like
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
smithers



Age: 28
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 738
Location: Bookham, surrey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few listenings i completely agree with the second review ric posted. It really is a masterpiece. The first one seems a bit odd though. It seems to me like they only listned once before writing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DjevBunny




Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Congratulations on a brilliant album! Reply with quote

GENIUS! A very, very big heads up and congrats on a fantastic third album, guys... really knocked it with this one, easily your most accomplished work. And great packaging. Muchos respect for a hardworking, genuine, rocking UK band who for once actually deserve the media thumbs up! Definitely now one of the best rock bands in the country... all the best for 2007!

Bass (Djevara) Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Cap-Down}



Age: 27
Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 1735
Location: Cobham Surrey UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm liking how many people have signed up to the forum just to say thanks for the new album. It shows this album has pleased many.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
chipstick



Age: 30
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1782
Location: Southampton / Bournemouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
i'm liking how many people have signed up to the forum just to say thanks for the new album. It shows this album has pleased many.


Same Smile maybe in a week or so we'll have some newbie fans who discovered the band through this album!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hempy



Age: 32
Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 2990
Location: Guildford/Canterbury Uni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Ver 1.0 wrote:
Well, I've been thinking about barricading myself in for the coming apocalypse, which might well involve giant robotic kittens stalking the land piloted by clones of Elvis Presley, because something equally as improbable has just happened: Chanel 4 teletext, or Planet Sound as it's otherwise monickered, has given Reuben a good review. For those of you bereft of digital TV trickery, here's the full monty:

"Reuben- In Nothing We Trust

Previously the most lumpen of ska-rock bands [yes, that's what it says], the perma-touring mob have been up to something strange on the road.
They've discovered dance, but don't run off screaming just yet. If it's not quite funky enough to give James Murphy competition, they use some basic rhythm as the backbone for some smarter, more industrial, clattering than before.
For all the layers, the route one punk sensibilities remain, which generally makes for an intruiging mix. 7/10"

Previously they've bashed them to hell and back, cursing every single release (pretty much) with 4/10 or lower, so it's a good sign. Heck, even the nasty reviewers listen if you actually pull out all the stops.


I wouldnt expect anything less than pure shite from PS Very Happy they did give SOTP 8/10 back in the day though.... anyone got an nme review?
_________________
<@ZoFreX> goddammit
<@ZoFreX> I forgot the definition of irony
<@ZoFreX> so I went to look it up on Wikipedia
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
veryexcellent



Age: 32
Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 1633
Location: Dorset

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hempy wrote:
anyone got an nme review?


nme wrote:
Reuben really need to work on their image, their trousers are not nearly tight enough and not enough attention is payed to hair styles. As for the record its far too interesting and not bland and commercial enough. When they gain more support and sort out the image we'll then start kissing their behinds. 2/10

_________________
Neither of which Jamie had ever played before the sessions. Id never played them before, he says.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hempy



Age: 32
Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 2990
Location: Guildford/Canterbury Uni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veryexcellent wrote:
hempy wrote:
anyone got an nme review?


nme wrote:
Reuben really need to work on their image, their trousers are not nearly tight enough and not enough attention is payed to hair styles. As for the record its far too interesting and not bland and commercial enough. When they gain more support and sort out the image we'll then start kissing their behinds. 2/10


BRILLIANT Very Happy
_________________
<@ZoFreX> goddammit
<@ZoFreX> I forgot the definition of irony
<@ZoFreX> so I went to look it up on Wikipedia
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
james



Age: 31
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 1712
Location: Stirling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hempy wrote:
Alex Ver 1.0 wrote:
Well, I've been thinking about barricading myself in for the coming apocalypse, which might well involve giant robotic kittens stalking the land piloted by clones of Elvis Presley, because something equally as improbable has just happened: Chanel 4 teletext, or Planet Sound as it's otherwise monickered, has given Reuben a good review. For those of you bereft of digital TV trickery, here's the full monty:

"Reuben- In Nothing We Trust

Previously the most lumpen of ska-rock bands [yes, that's what it says], the perma-touring mob have been up to something strange on the road.
They've discovered dance, but don't run off screaming just yet. If it's not quite funky enough to give James Murphy competition, they use some basic rhythm as the backbone for some smarter, more industrial, clattering than before.
For all the layers, the route one punk sensibilities remain, which generally makes for an intruiging mix. 7/10"

Previously they've bashed them to hell and back, cursing every single release (pretty much) with 4/10 or lower, so it's a good sign. Heck, even the nasty reviewers listen if you actually pull out all the stops.


I wouldnt expect anything less than pure shite from PS Very Happy they did give SOTP 8/10 back in the day though.... anyone got an nme review?


That isnt a very good review. What the fuck are the on? 'Ska-rock'? Are they confusing reuben with '[Spunge]'?!?

Storm the Battlements!
_________________
Feedbacker.

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
{Cap-Down}



Age: 27
Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 1735
Location: Cobham Surrey UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
Storm the Battlements!



First you ask us to don the viking gear and assualt the Gonzo studios and now you are encouraging another assualt! Anyone would think the scott's were a war mongering peoples.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Thomas



Age: 31
Joined: 25 Apr 2004
Posts: 879
Location: halifax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Cap-Down} wrote:
james wrote:
Storm the Battlements!



First you ask us to don the viking gear and assualt the Gonzo studios and now you are encouraging another assualt! Anyone would think the scott's were a war mongering peoples.


its from when they fought for there freedom years ago and now they can't get it out of there systems!! speaking of war,does anyone think BBL sounds like a call to arms? not sure whether i think that because of the video or just the song by itself
_________________
This is a rock and roll takeover!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Paul_Pluto



Age: 31
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Posts: 766

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to dress as a viking and take over mtv2. Turn it into a REAL music channel maybe Razz

Have guests on with an axe to there faces Very Happy Vikings rule!
_________________
And oh, what I would give, not to stumble, but to really fall in love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group