=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Nothing We Trust- except what the reviewers think of it
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Ver 1.0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: In Nothing We Trust- except what the reviewers think of it Reply with quote

The reviews of said album are going to start rolling in fairly soon, and I started this basically because a) I am bloody excited about it because what I've heard of it live is incredible, and b) one has appeared already.

In this month's issue of Guitarist magazine, which I was randomly leafing through in Asda out of boredom, the album received four stars. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy with me- who do you think I am, a guy with money?- but if memory serves, it was described as "their most diverse yet"- apparantely some bits sound like NIN! There was a "healthy dislike for irregular song structures", and some of the heaviest stuff to date. "Good Luck", "Cities On Fire", "Crushed Under The Weight" and "Agony/Agatha" got the standout track accolades.

Well done chaps. If you find a review anywhere, positive or negative, in order to quell my preposterously short patience, feel free to post it on here, and we'll talk.
GlitterQueen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a review but I've got the album, have only listened to it once so far mind you (I haven't actually been in my house for more than an hour in the past 5 days) I have to say honestly I don't instantly love it, but that's just me. It always take a few listens for me to get into albums. Will give you a far better review once I've given it a few more listens.
james

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post matey! Sounds like a good review, I doubt there will be too many bad reviews, but ye never know...

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a pay download site with 30 secs (or so) low quality previews of all the songs, it sounds so good! pretty heavy. The clip for 'an act of kindness' is brutal, I remember that part from the studio diaries! And crushed under the weight of the enormous bullshit has jamies avant garde blues man solo in it Very Happy

I'm so excited now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
veryexcellent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i found that site too. My advice, don't do it people! It'll drive you insane with excitement!
Jseldis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. i'm not sure. Buti really am fucking excited. It does seem VERY heavy!
pandaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appetite thoroughly whetted. I'll admit to a few nerves about the heaviness and movements it seems to ba making but I find it's usually onlyn after a few listens that Reuben songs really hit home for me

And now I cannot fuucking wait to hear Good Luck in full - I love Hanah's voice to bit and can't wait to see how she and Jamie combine
Number One For New Music In Cambridge
hempy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what site?
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pandaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 digital
Number One For New Music In Cambridge
GlitterQueen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not a review (I'm good at this aren't I?!) but In Nothing We Trust will be listed in the Key In Store releases for HMV in next weeks industry magazine Music Week. Im definitely not abusing my power here...... Twisted Evil
james

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlitterQueen wrote:
Also not a review (I'm good at this aren't I?!) but In Nothing We Trust will be listed in the Key In Store releases for HMV in next weeks industry magazine Music Week. Im definitely not abusing my power here...... Twisted Evil

Count yourself lucky mate, i work at pizza hut. For me to abuse any power i'd have, would be a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

Aidan wrote:
{Cap-Down}

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlitterQueen wrote:

I think it's very good that you've hassled people at your workplace to pay this album more attention, well done!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
GlitterQueen wrote:

Count yourself lucky mate, i work at pizza hut. For me to abuse any power i'd have, would be a bit of a stretch of the imagination.

Have Reuben playing in the background and whenever you give someone their receipt/bill write on the back in pen "Here btw, check out Reuben they're the gonads."

Wink
james

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, i'm not good-looking enough or socially inclined enough to work front of house man, i'm stuck in the Kitchen makin the pizzas and steaming dishes. But we do have a stereo, and those whores are forever putting on some person called 'Mike-ah'. And that trance music with the Hellium voiced people... I put on Mogwai once and after about 20 minutes someone started tapping the side of the cd player, thinking their was something wrong with it Shocked

Aidan wrote:
soapy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
forever putting on some person called 'Mike-ah'.

i didn't get who you meant there and for some reason the -ah made me think of some kind of mike flowers style character. mike-aaahh.

with the quality of those clips, all this positive feedback and the sudden explosion in biffy love maybe this album will finally get reuben some more of the success they deserve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: