=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chevelle owe Reuben money
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when people try to be funny on message boards, but don't really pull it off, and then you get a post going "God does nobody here have a sense of humour!?!!" Razz

It makes me smile.
douglas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
I love when people try to be funny on message boards, but don't really pull it off, and then you get a post going "God does nobody here have a sense of humour!?!!" Razz

It makes me smile.

Yehe indeed, Teeheehee , i wasnt trying to be funny , it was more of a passing comment kind of post, i mean seriously, what do you get out of posting what you did there ? trying to make/poke fun at someone ? what kind of attitude is that ? oh well

i think i must be bloody emo.
laura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.

I understood what you were getting at, totally, but you have to expect for others to thne have a listen and perhaps disagree. No-one's taking you seriously though mate.

But i DO agree with you that this is quite a downbeat forum. Maybe cos i know none of you.

And the last comment made was a prime example of what i mean.
Rich

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum is the friendliest on the internet! The fact this thread has turned into what its turned into is ridiculous, why are people so petty, we need hempy to make a post to restore the happy balance Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sofy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think this forum is downbeat i love everyone on it! i've met the coolest people cos of it.. ie rob, chrispy, james etc. and it's ace when there is a glasgow gig cos my lovely karen gets back on here Very Happy
james

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sofy wrote:
i don't think this forum is downbeat i love everyone on it! i've met the coolest people cos of it.. ie rob, chrispy, james etc. and it's ace when there is a glasgow gig cos my lovely karen gets back on here Very Happy

I really agree. Really.

Freindliest forum i use. And i'm on rather a few. This one is semi-intelligent also, where as certain other forums for certain rock festivals tend to full of complete OMFGZZZ!!!1 LOLZZZ-rtype morons. Who post complete shite and post waaaay too much.

From this forum i've met some awesome folks, most of us are a lovely nunch of folks.

Not like thon cambodian secret police attall.

Aidan wrote:
Chipstick: Destroyer of dreams
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
douglas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im summing up,perhaps i got it wrong

im very sure the majority of the people who use this forum are lovely people, and at the end of the day (cliche1) we are all brought here by our love of good music (cliche2) and we really should all just get along (cliche3) so yeah everyone , if i could delete this thread i would but i cannot so lets talk about something else ?

Marmaduke Duke

who has the CD and just exactly how sexual is it ?

i feel its the best all round album ive ever heard (cliche4)

thats 4 cliches there

take care reuben fans.

and enjoy the weekend

and for james all i would like to say it "omg ffs lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

ahem
hempy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
this forum is the friendliest on the internet! The fact this thread has turned into what its turned into is ridiculous, why are people so petty, we need hempy to make a post to restore the happy balance Very Happy

fuck off rich you wanker!
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hempy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. i love rich....

And I've met so many amazing folks through this forum I dont think I'll ever leave (Sorry haterz)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At risk of sounding downbeat (Razz), Marmaduke Duke didn't do it for me at all, though I love Biffy and Sucioperro. It was just too weird, I couldn't get into it... not one track I felt the urge to listen to again. Only cost me a fiver though, so never mind!

On that note... doesn't Saturday Superhouse sound just a little bit like My Sharona?
douglas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think track 1 on the marmaduke duke cd was my favourite one its really catchy i felt and some of the acoustic ones are beautiful too. oh well, i was goin to buy it but someone helped me out on indieforums and uploaded it, so that maintains my record of never buying a cd in 4 years now and still having everything thats come out.

so where do you guys stand on stealing music then , i am TOTALLY 100% for it, as i say ive never bought a cd in 4 years and it feels good to have like 600-800 albums at any one time on my mybook etc.

not gathering dust nothing, just efficiant kind on the pocket, not hurting anyone? well maybe.

oh i collect 7' vinyl so in a sense ive probably spent more on that than i ever would have on cd's.

got the two saturday superhouse 7' today , they look so cool and sound ever better.
hempy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you havnt bought a cd in 4 years? so you've downloaded every release by reuben i take it?
chipstick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

douglas wrote:
so where do you guys stand on stealing music then , i am TOTALLY 100% for it, as i say ive never bought a cd in 4 years and it feels good to have like 600-800 albums at any one time on my mybook etc.

I used to be completely against it, but the student budget has changed all that. I still buy albums, but also download a few. Generally though, I delete the ones that I don't listen to and end up buying hard copies of the other ones anyway. Aside from the obvious legal implications, I think it's a bit tight to steal a band's music after all the effort they put in; especially underground bands like Reuben who (to an extent) rely on the money from record sales to eat! Of course the record company takes a massive bit out of the profits, but thats anther matter.

I think it's pointless to have hundreds of albums, cause you'll never listen to them all. I think it's far more special to have a couple of hundred CDs than thousands of downloaded albums. If nothing else it looks nice Smile

EDIT: Also, I grew up in the CD generation, so in my view, music belongs on CDs (just as my 40 year old brother in law would say music belongs on vinyl). Naturally this will change for the next generation.
Nuclear Holiday

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im definetely a cd person - i download the odd track, but i just prefer having hard copies.. ust more satisfying I guess... plus on any decent stereo mp3's are frankly, shit. i'd hope online music would aid cd sales, rather than hinder, as people download the odd track, and buy the album based on that..
chipstick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I prefer hard copies too, only I decided it was much easier to take just my laptop (with all my CDs ripped to it) to university rather than lug my massive fuck-off stereo and my 200 odd CDs here! You could talk about being able to listen to all your songs on random, but for me, most of the time I prefer to listen to an album through anyway.

On the other hand, downloadable music has increased the goodness of mp3 players, and those things are haaanndy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: