=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD - Live at the Mean Fiddler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of it will end up on new singles/album if not a whole dvd. Would like to see the version of freddy kreuger where they're all playing different instruments than normal.
Ben - TSNK

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine we'll see something decent out of it. Four cameras aren't cheap, and it was a pretty long set by anyone's standards, so I'd be very surprised if nothing came of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
soapy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as it doesn't take as long as the gig footage on the Far dvd...

a mere 6/7 years after they split up Rolling Eyes
Lee

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard theyre releasing a dvd. about the same time as GnR are releasing Chinese Democracy.
Jseldis

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But to be fair, Lee, i may not still be alive when Chinese Democray's released, and i'm 16! So i doubt GnR will be either, Axl will be some kind of zombie. Either that he'll live forever, to spread his evil and all round shit vocals around the world, before setting free a herd of wild porcupines in London.

mmm....maybe not.

Anyway, i love the prospect of a DVD.
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should. They've had enough releases and and big enough of a fanbase for it to be worthwile.
secondtimeuser

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A live DVD and a rarities/b-sides package thing would be cool.
kenco

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the full set from the mean fiddler + videos and additional live stuff and 'crazy' backstage footage would be satisfactory.

oh and a b-sides record
'one day this will all stop, and I won't have to run or rush and push or try, and I will give back everything I took, I will kiss everyone I love, and I will fall asleep and I won't wake up for weeks and weeks...'
Beard's the name

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is every one so obbsessed with a b-side album.
Buy the singles....you have the track. Confused
Rich

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because not everyone can listen to the vinyl b-sides, there are loads of album b-sides that werent released (i.e. the 39 or whatever it was album demos) all the old stuff, all the unreleased stuff like lissom slo etc, a b-sides & rarities album would be killer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lee

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can download the vinyl bsides off karmadownload or some other place.

and the album demos arent anything special. just quick re-recordings of all their songs that we've all heard a million times before. that not all theyre cracked up to be. not worth searching for. i never listen to them. tthere arent any new songs that you havent heard, apart from shambles, and thats cos its different to Pilot version.
Rich

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I dont like the download sites for music, I like to have hard copies with artwork that I can look at and think 'cool'. And I know some downloads come with CD artwork but its never the same.

Not all the album demos got leaked. There are several previously unheard songs, the names of which escape me but a forum search would do the trick. Red Machine is one, although I have heard it. The new Shambles is immense as well and everyone here that hasnt heard it wants to hear it. Re-recordings of Victim and Lissom Slo, etc, would be nice and fit well on a b-sides and rarities album. Also the unreleased Dreyfuss cover 'Girls on Top' which was considered for a b-side for a VFVD single would be a nice addition.

I'm not saying they should release one now, it's way too early in their career, I'm just explaining why its a good idea and why people actually would want to buy it. There is a lot of Reuben stuff out there that most people (i.e. not us forum people) have never even heard of and its nice to hear how the band have progressed from the angel days through to now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aidan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a pedant, but they wouldn't need to re-record Lissom Slo - the version that everyone has is only a low quality version of the high quality version one they did at Jacob's studios (oh god, I wrote Jacob's Stories then, what a geek), which I believe is a good recording.
Lee

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the album demos arent good enough quality to be released on a cd.
theyd have to recorded properly.

i just think im not a fan of bside albums. bands tend to put them out when their careers are starting to fail. like greatest hits records.
and labels only usually tend to release bside albums for big, well established bands, inwich they know the cds will sell. cos basically, theyre cds of songs that werent good enough for the albums, so theyre not going to be as good as the albums.
Rich

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I meant re-recordings of the songs, like stuck in my throat had to be re-recorded from the single to the album so it was uniform the whole way through. I just reckon there are all these songs that people haven't heard, people on here are always asking where to get the rare stuff etc, it would be a good idea in my view. Maybe just a 'rarities' album then rather than b-sides. Yeah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: