=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why not now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edgeworth-Kuiper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Why not now? Reply with quote

I heard that Very Fast, Very Dangerous is going to be released four months(!) from now. Why don't they release it now. I can't see why not. The wait for aiges thing didn't get the last album into the big time did it?
hempy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not now? Reply with quote

Edgeworth-Kuiper wrote:
I heard that Very Fast, Very Dangerous is going to be released four months(!) from now. Why don't they release it now. I can't see why not. The wait for aiges thing didn't get the last album into the big time did it?

the wait for the last album was due to trying to find a label, not by choice.

And if they release the album now, they have no singles out to have got public interest in the record, and wouldnt have any promotion and only a short tour to support it.

4 months aint that long to wait, especially if you think how long it took from Scared of the Police, their debut single, to Racecar.
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alex Ver 1.0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time the album is released, it will have been about just over a year after Racecar... came out. That's about the same time scale that Biffy work on, and of course, an album a year is still pretty hard working in anyone's book.

Also, Reuben are a band just on the brink of the top forty. Blamethrower isn't the kind of song to thrust them inside the chart, it's a song for the fans. 4 months will mean two more singles, probably two more tours and, possibly, a much bigger audience. If any of the new singles get in the top 40, it will mean a higher profile for the album, and as Reuben are, above all, an album band, I can fully understand why they'd want to wait.
Edgeworth-Kuiper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release the album first, then the singles can lead all the way up to the next album. I can understand where they're coming from but it definately wouldn't be my choice.
Rhys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like everyone else has been saying it makes good sense to wait until they’ve had a couple more single releases; i mean just think of the extra b-sides we shall get
finally im just glad the guys i mean they're on there 2nd album Very Happy and four months aint long to wait considering the length of time the lads have been releasing stuff anyway like hempy said look at the time gap between Pilot/scared of and racecar
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgeworth-Kuiper wrote:
Release the album first, then the singles can lead all the way up to the next album.

that's how it works in the US. I think that's because singles aren't particularly big sellers over there...
Bill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO don't, make us wait it will be so much more fun Very Happy

Also i am sure we have already had this with blamethrower but it was about it was about the fact it's download only????

Sales of signles must go down if you have the album out first? well i would buy them but i know at lot that would not

She knows all about me, i don't even know who her friends are.

Would you rather live with guilt or live locked up?
soapy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blamethrower was dl only because there wasn't gonna be any 'real' singles for awhile yet and this is just a little treat to help us along while we wait.

also, if the album came out now, there would be no point in selling singles cos hardly anyone would buy them...plus its better to hit the road before the album to raise the profile of the record so people its coming and know its gonna be good.
sunshine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=soap= wrote:
blamethrower was dl only because there wasn't gonna be any 'real' singles for awhile yet and this is just a little treat to help us along while we wait.

yea biffy did the same with jaggy snake dl only.

id prefer a wait and 2 more singles, i love the excitement of hearing a single for the 1st time, and rushing to the shop to get the cd and 7"

(i love 7", thats another reason i love singles Very Happy )
scummonk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the waiting choice.

For example, American Head Charge were gonna release their new album in October but their wasn't enough press for it. So they want on a few tours, released a video and released it in Feb to golden views and attention.

I'm prepared to wait for it, it will be amazing.

And everyone loves a summer album!
"When this next song came out as a single we was in Sheffield and some girl came up to me and asked "Are you german?" I said "No I'm from Surrey" she said "Oh that's shit!" and I thought, "What? You're from Sheffield!" - Jamie Lenman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: