=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Album 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Album 2 Reply with quote

I know it may be a while before the next reuben album hits the shelfs but im getting excitied about it so i thought ishould start a thread about it:
1. Name Suggestions
2. Artwork Idea Suggestions
3. Random Other Suggestions

The only thing i have at the moment is wanting a DVD to come with it, that wouldbe so amazingly sweet. Very Happy
matt d

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah a good "making of" dvd with clips of them doing all the takes for various songs and stuff.

what do we think the new album will sound like? judging by several of the new songs ive heard, the album will have more sense of direction (so probably not a really cheesey pop song and a prog metal song like racecar had Razz ). The new songs were more straight forward rock with fast tempos. But saying that ive only heard a small fraction of the new songs written so i could be completely wrong, but thats what i predict.
alan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, i doubt there will be quite the same mix of genre that racecar has. I just hope its an mtv2 pleaser, if they like something, it dosent half get played. for the artwork, i think returning to a similar style of stux, scared of the police and lets stop hanging out wouldnt be bad, but i dunno.
Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what Ive heard, the new album will be more punky and less brutal. I hope they dont do a Hundred Reasons and release a really energetic brutal first album then slip away when the second comes out. As long as they retain the punchiness of No one wins the war and still do their own thing it will be great.
Chrispy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should try and keep that variety in their songs, since that's what alot of people like about Reuben; they've got lots of originality and nothing ends up sounding the same.

That DVD/Extra CD dealio that was mentioned ages back with different takes of songs/songs that didn't make the 1st or 2nd album would be an absolute blast if possible...not many bands give that much stuff away on an album so it'd be a potential new-fan-puller.

"It's All About Control" I reckon has the same upbeat charm as "Freddy Kreuger" and would make an awesome single, whereas "Some Mothers Do Have Em" is an awesome chunky wee bastard of a track and would be a great album track.

One thing they cannot do is "mature" - it always ends in tears. If the new songs sound anything similar to the new ones we've heard recently it'll be an absolute fucking awesome follow up. The anticipation for new Reuben material is building up and it's starting to bubble. EEeeeeeeeeee.
Matt/Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It so has to have Shambles on it.

It's not always bad news when bands 'mature', look at Blink 182, all the stuff before the new albums a bit gash really. And it wasn't until Blood Sex Sugar Magik that the Chillis really got good if you ask me. They're earlier stuff never really did it for me. Same with pre-Make Yourself Incubus.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wise man speaks the truth, maybe this is the BIG thing all of us have been expecting for reuben, the fans pulled from this album that 'does it for them' may make it so reuben is written up there in silver paper!

and you are correct, shambles sooo does have to be on it, but they should put it on the 2nd cd/dvd along with the new alpha signal.
i'll keep dreaming

Last edited by alan. on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lil loner dave wrote:
Same with pre-Make Yourself Incubus.
Fuck off and listen to Science until you realise you are wrong Razz Wink

As for Reuben, as long as they put out something they're as proud of as they were with Racecar then I think we're in for a treat. I'd love to see Shambles on there, but as they've apparently amassed a similar catalogue of songs to pick from as they had for Racecar then I'll trust them to select what makes the best album and get the other songs out via other means. Artwork should be something else they can use for variations-on-a-theme for a few releases - the two styles we've had so far have been really cool.

If I'm honest, I'm more interested in finding out what the first setlist of the next tour turns out to be! Or indeed when the next tour will be in relation to future releases.

D'you think when Jesus comes back he's ever gonna wanna see a fucking cross?
Matt/Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
lil loner dave wrote:
Same with pre-Make Yourself Incubus.
Fuck off and listen to Science until you realise you are wrong Razz Wink

Don't go speaking to me like that young man. I'll tell your mother.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave you nearly made me fall out my chair Smile

and as for album 2, i think Some Mothers Do Ave Em would make a great single or opening track.
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Matt/Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aim to please. Smile

As far as I'm concerned Every time a teenager listens... is the Daddy at the moment. And a coconut to the man who suggest Slpha Signal Seven, that would be wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think wooden boy should be on the album. its a really really good song Very Happy
hempy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still not heard Every time a teenager.... hopefully they'll play it at the Tumbley Very Happy
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Matt/Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt d wrote:
i think wooden boy should be on the album. its a really really good song Very Happy

Agreed. But then did they not say a while ago they wouldn't be putting it on the album as it had already been released or something? (Then prmptly contradicting themselves with LSHO and Eating Only Apples).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They shouldn't do so with Wooden Boy, it would take the 'rareness' away from having the Scared of the Police single, and they already did so with Eating Only Apples, which I guess was just something they felt HAD to be on the album (and rightly so) and Let's Stop Hanging Out was their biggest single at the time so why not include it on the album?

Nah I'd rather have new tracks and maybe one or two of the older ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: