=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How annoying?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scummonk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: How annoying?! Reply with quote

Ok, starting to get annoyed now at the lack of notice to Reuben.

I have started seeing loads of "Best Albums Of 2004" lists, and today when reading NME i was furious when bland bands like Franz f**king Ferdinand get to No.1 and "Racecar is racecar backwards" didn't even get a bloody mention! In my opinion it's the best album released this year! And one of my favs of all time! Jus very annoying.

I hope they get respected abit more with their next release.
They deserve nothin but praise! Smile (Also cos der one of the best bands to see live cos they play so bloody well and come and hang out with u!)
"When this next song came out as a single we was in Sheffield and some girl came up to me and asked "Are you german?" I said "No I'm from Surrey" she said "Oh that's shit!" and I thought, "What? You're from Sheffield!" - Jamie Lenman
hana xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"there"

and i know what you mean, although i wquite like the ol' franz boys... i haven't heard their album. racecar is underrated though...
soapy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reuben have been underrated and overlooked for so long its crazy . . . how can the press ignore one of the most passionate , individual and all round great fun bands doing the UK today ?

maybe, if they all got soap-opera style addictions and couldnt hold their band together .... or maybe if they wore sharp suits and pretended to be in the 80s (but not the real 80s, some sort of weird american movie version)

id say that . . .
nme = the tabloid rag of the music press Rolling Eyes
Alex Ver 1.0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=soap= wrote:
reuben have been underrated and overlooked for so long its crazy . . . how can the press ignore one of the most passionate , individual and all round great fun bands doing the UK today ?

maybe, if they all got soap-opera style addictions and couldnt hold their band together .... or maybe if they wore sharp suits and pretended to be in the 80s (but not the real 80s, some sort of weird american movie version)

id say that . . .
nme = the tabloid rag of the music press Rolling Eyes

Well said.

See also, Biffy, YMSS, Oceansize, Dillinger Escape Plan, thisGIRL...
Guestfromhell (alan)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its so stupid thoguh, because (this actually happened) kerrang reviewed one of the HR gigs, and reuben got a fantastic review saying they were 'perfect' and stuff like that. then it comes to top new bands and yourfuckingcodenameis:shitband are the only ones who get noticed. same happened with biffy in NME, its just stupid.

sorry to anyone who actually likes yourcodenameis:milo, its just reuben are about 50 billion times better. Very Happy
Guestfromhell (alan)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its so stupid thoguh, because (this actually happened) kerrang reviewed one of the HR gigs, and reuben got a fantastic review saying they were 'perfect' and stuff like that. then it comes to top new bands and yourfuckingcodenameis:shitband are the only ones who get noticed. same happened with biffy in NME, its just stupid.

sorry to anyone who actually likes yourcodenameis:milo, its just reuben are about 50 billion times better. Very Happy
Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, kerrang keep hailing reuben as the next big thing, singing their praises and all that. saying how awsome their songs are, then when they come to review their album, they slate it.

same happened with vex red.

i also quite like yourcodenameis:milo
soapy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

over the years iv gotten the impression that kerrang always thinks reuben are capable of more than they are giving now ... and that the recorded output never quite matches the thrill of the live show.

i seem to remember vex red taking a beating for their live shows as well as the album . . . personally i think they suffered from being taken under ross robinsons wing, in several respects.

ps, theres certainly nowt wrong with yourcodenameis:milo, lovely chaps with good music. Wink

Last edited by soapy on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
colour_golden
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=soap= wrote:

ps, theres certainly nowt wrong with yourcodenameis:milo, lovely chaps with good music. Wink

I second that
distilledcleopie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i hated ycni:m when i saw them support mcr. but hey everyone has their tastes.
thats sad about reuben.,. but lifes no fair i guess.
xx-xx
SirPsycho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbing through Q the other day, I spotted a one-page ad for Vital Music Marketing where they list Racecar as one of the 'Essential Albums of 2004' alongside the likes of Franz Ferdinand - it even has a pic of the album cover...yey!
soapy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think racecar was probably one of the essential debuts of 2004 ... the best ones always slip under the radar at first ....then BOOM!, everyone loves them .
chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racecar is my favourite album of 2004 definitely. beat biffy clyro and machine head to the punch, and all in, i've liked those two bands over a decade so it's pretty special in my opinion
soapy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt through the ashes of empires last october ?

but yeh...racecar is deffinately one of my top albums of the year,
so much good is on that little piece of plastic
chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=soap= wrote:
wasnt through the ashes of empires last october ?

it certainly was. i was going by the US release date (lies)
weird, given i saw them on the through the ashes... tour last december and didn't manage to work out it'd been out that long Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: