=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new muse single
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think?
good choon
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
rather shite
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

soapy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't like the new single very much ... it reminds me of why i hate the origin of symmetry.
it doesn't sound like an OOS track but it just reminds of a similar vibe

for me all the best muse songs are the massive stompers with GIANT choruses. this song is pretty much the opposite. gah.

will still probably end up buying the album if it's more upbeat and huge than this single (can't hear the stream, this computers too crap)
Matt/Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origin Of Symmetry is the best Muse album. After listening to the stream I must say it is on the whole better than the single, but not a patch on the last three.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why cant muse just write an album of belters.

like....an album of Micro Cuts over and over
Aidan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about take a bow is I think it's rather representative of the whole album: it's a good track, but there are several moments where you think... where's the riff?! That moment was begging for a riff. The whole album is missing that contrast. If they'd incorpoated all this new stuff AND kept the bits that made you want to jump around all silly cos they were so heavy and cool, it'd be awesome. Alas, no. Still, listening to the whole album (I downloaded it, so fucking sue me all you anti-downloading types, I'm not going to buy it if it's shite) it's got its moments and it sounds like a grower for sure. I think this is not as black and white as it first appeared to be...
Regé - TSNK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With MUSE it was never going to be entirely balck and white.
I hate the new album. I appreciate it's well written, well achieved, well constructed, and generally a very proffesional high standard musical pop rock affair.
Creatively however i find it entirely lacking. There's precious little originality among the western sound tracks or eastern guitar vibes or jamariqai impersonation that is SMBH (dear god the awful lyrics in that).
That and also, i'll admit, i just plain miss the riffage. Like i think aidan said.
I liked MUSE because I love micro cuts, I love citizen erased, I even love absolution because although i they branched out a bit it's executed beautifully and it still has that epic scope and unique sound space that thay inhabit.
This album to me is almost as bad as By The Way by the chilies. (I have to ignore it's existence to keep likeing the band in that case - this one's just a bit of a waste of my time).

Fuck hip hop, wear a belt.
Alex Ver 1.0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt/Dave wrote:
Origin Of Symmetry is the best Muse album. After listening to the stream I must say it is on the whole better than the single, but not a patch on the last three.

Bang on. Origin of Symmetry is just so utterly bonkers I can't help but love it. There's some great stuff on the new one, but I just can't really identify it as being a Muse album. Like Aidan said, where the hell are the riffs? I appreciate the progression in songwriting, but still, that's no excuse to not have those spine tingling moments of manic chords and distorted bass. After all, that's the part of Muse I'll always identify as their own.

Aidan: Edited to spell my name right Wink
Muppet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I would agree with that, it depends on my mood.Showbiz I absolutley love, its got some great bitter moments and some really funky tunes-makes it easier to listen to sometimes. However I do agree that if you want something more epic and maybe even a little more mature-Origin of symmetry is the way forward.
matt d

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read several reviews which say its their best work.....I'm gonna have another listen and hopefully the stream won't stop this time. I really liked the first song
liintu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great song, obviously there are newer singles out.
I love the album too, though I love all the Muse albums, they could put out just about anything and I'd still love them .
chipstick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt/Dave wrote:
Origin Of Symmetry is the best Muse album

Agreed. Definatly. I like Muse, but they are definatly overrated (although their live performance is not), and yeah, the last two albums just havn't hit the spot the way Origin did. Still I don't regret buying them I must say.
Catty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with chipstick, but not that muse are overrated. If anything, they're underrated. I think everyone should know and appreciate them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: