=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Racecar :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
=Dave=

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Racecar :( Reply with quote

yo. anyone else miss the amazing time changes and quirks of racecar? the band themselves have admitted the new albums 'more straightforward rock n roll', and dont get me wrong, i do dig it, but then i played no one wins the war at full volume, and my heart ever so slightly sank Sad
soapy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just listen to stuff like some mothers, everytime a teenager and jedi ... Very Happy
they're loaded with cool parts and changes
Christina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love Racecar but the new album is mindblowing and utterly addictive, I simply can't stop listening to it. It certainly isn't just straight forward.
Haunted Devil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that both Racecar Is Racecar Backwards and Very Fast Very Dangerous are great albums.
And I don't think either are superior, I think they both have amazing songs that a different but good in their own personal way.
If you know what I mean.

I wonder how good their third album will be?
And will it bring them into the mainstream.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Racecar :( Reply with quote

=Dave= wrote:
yo. anyone else miss the amazing time changes and quirks of racecar? the band themselves have admitted the new albums 'more straightforward rock n roll', and dont get me wrong, i do dig it, but then i played no one wins the war at full volume, and my heart ever so slightly sank Sad

I have to say, I do think that Racecar is slightly better.

Although 'Kick in the Mouth' and 'Everytime a Teenager Listens to Drum and Bass...' do seriously kick ass, nothing can compete to Racecar blasting outta your bedroom window full volume Very Happy
Alex Ver 1.0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since moving away to Uni, I've had to live without RIRB, because my brother has it and I forgot to copy it...

And The Shape of Punk to Come...
And Relationship of Command...
And Lateralus...
And A Song to Ruin...
And Grace by Jeff Buckley (my mum has this)...

But nonetheless...yeah, I do have fond memories of Racecar. Missing Fingers, Fall of the Bastille and No One Wins the War are all great songs, and I think they're pretty much perfect. Or at least I remember them being like that...
But yeah, I do think VFVD is deceptivly deep. Think of the way, for instance, that It's All About Control leaps from straightforward punk-pop to full on unadultarated heaviness in the blink of an eye. And the Teenager outro, with it's unexpected and sweet coda. And the great ballads, which weren't really of evidence on Racecar.
And Jedi is the best song they've ever written.
Ah poo, I love them both equally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: