=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surrey uni newspaper review of VFVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Surrey uni newspaper review of VFVD Reply with quote

Hopefully they'll gain a few extra fans from this seeing as EVERYONE I know reads this paper during boring lectures etc etc

I think the reviewer got a bit confused - Reuben didn't win a Kerrang award did they?! Or am I stupid. And Racecar most defo wasn't recorded in a shed...

Still, cool review.

Quote:
This album is everything a new British rock band should aspire to - in other words it damned well rocks, and strong enough to take on any critic who dares to stand in their way. This is not surprising considering they won best British debut in 2004 at the Kerrang awards with an album that was self-financed and recorded in a shed. This album was produced by Chris Sheldon, who has worked with both Biffy Clyro and Foo Fighters, and listening to the album, it certainly has that Foos/Biffy vibe going on. Reuben have also come out glistening on some more melodic offerings, such as Nobody Loves You and Boy, which sound as good as or at least near to, some of Mr D. Grohl's more sombre creations. I have to say, not only can Reuben produce an awe-inspiring album, they have some pretty humour-worth song titles as well, for instance: Every Time a Teenager Listens to Drum and Bass a Rockstar Dies and Return of the Jedi. Another thing I like about these Surrey (yes they're local as well) boys is that they're not a 'scene' band, they are their own, flirting with sounds from various rock genres. Now you may be thinking this review sounds like I'm shacking up with Reuben, but if you've happened to have read some of my previous album reviews you'll know I'm quite happy to slate and talent pretenders. Talentress, Reuben are not. Very fast very dangerous they are. 4/5
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they didn't win a K award.. they were nominated for best british newcomer.. but MCR or whatever they're called won it.

and racecar was recorded in a "glorified" shed.,. made of breezeblocks and stuff... Smile
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was yourcodenameis:milo who won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: