=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jamie's back!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeyrobbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Jamie's back! Reply with quote

Already posted?

http://www.vevo.com/watch/jamie-lenman/fizzy-blood-pretty-please/GBM831300540?syndicationid=bb8a16ab-1279-4f17-969b-1dba5eb60eda&shortlink=gE30oQ&country=GB

Fuck yeah!!

Mailshot is below:

Hello everyone, itís your good friend Jamie Lenman here. Itís been a while!

Iím writing to tell you all that Iíve recorded an album and itís going to be released with my old pals Xtra Mile on November the 4th. The record is called ĎMuscle Memoryí; itís a double album of 23 tracks and Iím very proud of it. Thereíll be more info coming soon but Iíll just add for now that the record is split in two with one half extreme, aggressive metal and the other half all folk and jazz Ė Iím hoping itíll split your minds in two also. You can pre-order it here.

If you click here you can watch my new video for two tracks, ďFizzy BloodĒ and ďPretty PleaseĒ, which will give you a flavour of whatís to come. These two form a double A single that will be released to all the usual radio and tv stations, but will also be available to buy as one side of a limited edition 7Ē vinyl released through Xtra Mile on the 28th of October, with the mighty Mongol Horde on the flipside. You can pre-order the bugger here. Exciting!

Iíll be playing some of the new material live with my Heavy/Mellow Band at a special invite-only show at The Islington in London on October the 16th. If youíd like free tickets for you and a friend, send an email to secretgig@xtramilerecordings.co.uk before 9am tomorrow for your chance to grab one of 40 pairs. Itís going to be a corker!

Iíll also be embarking upon a short UK tour later in the year, and those dates will be announced exclusively on kerrang.com , tomorrow morning at 9am.

Iíve set up an official facebook page at www.facebook.com/jamielenman and a twitter account at @jamielenman , so you can keep tabs on wíappen. Sadly, these are all about the music so there wonít be any witty insights or photos of my breakfast Iím afraid...

Lastly - If youíre reading this, itís cos you signed up for news about Reuben yonks ago, but this is the only email you will receive about my new music from that list. Iíd like to ask all of you who are interested to please sign up to the new list at the facebook page as soon as possible, in case you miss something!

Well, I think thatís it for now. I hope youíre all as excited as I am, I canít wait for you to hear the album. Further news will follow very quickly on the new mailing list and the facebook.

See you soon!

Jamie

Last edited by joeyrobbo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Banana Flight Case

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so awesome. Love Fizzy Blood. I like the idea of Pretty Please and the musicianship on it is impressive, but it's taking a bit of getting used to.

Really looking forward to the double album in November.

Hoping I was quick enough to get some tickets for the October gig.
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, he got the email address wrong. It's .com not .co.uk, assuming its a first come first served deal, that's kinda important. Might just be a random draw though.
Banana Flight Case

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw the correction, thanks for that. I have sent an email out for tickets so we'll see!

So Jamie's got post hardcore and lounge/jazz covered with Muscle Memory.

Maybe there will be room for Mega Computer at some point too? The pop/rap album Cool .

Can't wait to hear more tracks. My birthday is on November 5, so getting the album will be an awesome gift.
=dominic=

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets blow the dust off this old forum and prepare for the chatters once again.

let freeze the atlantic continue being poor, and classic jamie to leave it to the last minute and smash it out the park.
Pol pot/Christ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. Possible. News. Ever.
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking knew it!

http://www.last.fm/user/ripscarspitstar
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.. scotty.. i kind of had to delete your posts last week Very Happy
flagship

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

achhsddsfjdkfll this is the best thing to happen !!!
AL.-pha Signal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after the initial excitement what are our real thoughts and opinions on fizzy blood/Pretty please and the new project in general?
Banana Flight Case

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzy Blood is an absolute belter. It's punkier and more aggressive than I was expecting and it's mind blowing to imagine a set of songs being played at one show with such a split of styles between this and Pretty Please.

The drum intro reminded me of Converge - Eagles Become Vultures a little bit and it's quite a straight up track. I hope no one has intentions of getting a circle pit going at any of the live shows as i'm not sure that's going to go down too well!

Reuben always mixed melody and heaviness really well, it's one of the reasons I love them so much.

If the entire Muscle side of the album is this aggressive, that would be cool, but to a certain extent I still pine for that mix of heaviness and melody within the same song that Reuben always delivered so well.

Either way, i'm really excited.

Combining the two singles in one video is super jarring, but I suppose that's the point.

The musicianship and lyrics are great on Pretty Please, but i'll admit it's not a style of music I would normally listen to. It's going to split people, but again, I'm open to it and I look forward to listening to the rest of the tracks on the Memory side of the album.

Not to rub it in, but my friend managed to get tickets for the secret gig in October so I will be able to check out some more of the tracks then! Can't wait.

Last edited by Banana Flight Case on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ric wrote:
yeah.. scotty.. i kind of had to delete your posts last week Very Happy

That was sealed the deal that something was afoot! And also the point where I thought it best to keep my mouth shut.

This is flippin' fantastic news - only found out last night and instantly pre-ordered the album. Seems almost fitting that Jamie would annouce an album the day I see my first real payday. Fate, gotta be.

Really digging the two songs, admittedly 'Pretty Please' took me by surprise, being rather unlike any Jamie output we've heard before, but after a few listens I'm digging it. The idea of a Jamie Lenman jazz album fills me with child-like joy.

Out of interest, what are the chances of Reuben forum members getting pre-sale tickets, or something like that? I'm now insanely worried I won't be able to be glued to my computer 9am Friday on account of work, and missing out on this tour would be a right kick in the mouth! Very Happy

http://www.last.fm/user/ripscarspitstar
Christina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally able to log on to the forum!
(Kept forgetting the password)

This is the most exciting music news I have heard this year!
Really want to go to the Garage show, lack of money and kids means it might be difficult though!

But yayyyy Jamie is back!! Smile Smile
ric
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for keeping quiet.. i think the guy who posted the Birmingham date last week got a slapped wrist...

there won't be a pre-sale, though i don't think you're likely to miss out if you don't buy by 9:01 Very Happy I'd like to think that if the ticket sales are that impressive, they would move to a bigger venue.. but that's just me speculating.
Christina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the tour is Jamie headlining or supporting ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: