=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A quick tribute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitaristRich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: A quick tribute Reply with quote

I, like many I see on these forums, got into Reuben far too late.

However, I can safely say that they've made me feel a certain way about music, a way I haven't felt since I first heard Back in Black by AC/DC.

Back then I was being forced into rap and hip-hop by my friends who had nothing to go on but what the music channels played.

But luckily one day I heard Back in Black on the radio which spawned a new love for music and guitar playing.

At the start of this year, my interest in rock music was waning; there was just no good new bands.

Luckily, I managed to hear a Blamethrower cover at a local gig, and as sloppily as it was played by the band, I could hear the power of it immediately.

I hunted down the original artist, listened to their hits; I even managed to see the Freddy Krueger video on MTV2, something which I've never seen again.

I listened to Racecar and loved it instantly, this combination of emotion, powerful vocals, clever lyrics and heavy music was what I'd always been looking for.

I've been playing music for many years, and I always aspired to reach a certain sound, unfortunately, Reuben found that sound long before I even knew they existed.

Reuben are now one of my favourite bands, and it's a damn shame they're on this 'indefinite hiatus'

Anyway, it's good to have found a home here on this forum.

Quick question, where's the best place to find Reuben stuff to buy?

is it only ebay?
Chrispy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On yourself buddy, good to see people still coming over here to lay down the love. Still wearing my Reuben t-shirts with pride (and my Engerica hoodie, still comfy as fuck) and still giving mad props to anyone I spot doing the same. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Reuben All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: