=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REUBEN RARITIES ALBUM: We Should Have Gone To University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark/Buns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzle3 wrote:
nooooooo I'm going to Rome for a week on monday, means I won't be able to listen to it till the week after, balls!

unlucky
Dan...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been delayed nooooooooooooo Sad
Mr Bills

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that was inevitable. how long for?
fuzzle3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

till tuesday apparently.

add me!
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says the 18th for pre-orders, but also that its a week before the normal date, which would be the 24th...
onedaymyfriend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must be a typo, when I called them yesterday thay said it would be next Tuesday.

D~
Tippo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/reuben

don't know if its been posted, if it hasn't little interview with Jamie about the release etc Smile

Enjoyz
Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippo wrote:
http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/reuben

don't know if its been posted, if it hasn't little interview with Jamie about the release etc Smile

Enjoyz

goddamn that's a sad interview.

Sad
Dan...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't know, I have lost the appetite for performing live"

"It was me. I can't go into details as peopleís feelings are involved but I think we had all had enough of each other. Everyone else could have continued battling on almost indefinitely but I wasnít being a very nice person. The last year of the band I was a dark raincloud and I just didnít want to be that person anymore. I felt very old, I was only 25 but somehow I felt 50 so I thought it was best to stop it all before I became bitter and twisted.

I'm glad to say I'm not an embittered arsehole anymore, looking back I think it all just got too much. We couldnít really carry on, itís easy to think we could have done another album but there wasnít another album, it would never have come out, we could never have written it as we were."

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
layersofhistory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuude... deep.
Dan...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there will be a comeback Crying or Very sad
Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Weíve not really seen each other but Iíve bumped into Guy a lot as he goes to quite a lot of gigs. Weíve been communicating quite a lot about this release but most of that has been through email and Barney, our manager who still has all our numbers. We donít really hang out, we just need some space from each other"

Sad

http://www.last.fm/user/ripscarspitstar
Lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm really saddened to the core to hear all those words. Not so much about them not playing together, mainly about them not seeing each other. To go from nearly 10 years as best friends to not hardly seeing each other is a lot. Makes you think what went on in the background.

This is no lie, I would spend every penny I had, save up for as long as it took to not only get these guys to play a gig but to at least get together in a room and have a jam.

It's such a shame that a relationship as strong as the one that those three boys had broke down so badly as it has.

I've spoke to all three of the guys countless time (even though they probably don't remember me) and they've always seemed like the were bro's till the end. I hope Jim can eventually see the light that even though a solo record may be well of the mark, stopping making music all together is a bad decision. I think it's safe to say that me, the UK music press, and half the UK rock scene followers know that this guy has a talent. A talent that is far superior to most people who are out there at the minute selling well over twice the amount of records that Reuben did and ever will.

I remember sitting with Jamie in a little underground basement venue in Soho with my then girlfriend when he was playing a gig with Caretaker just after the Aldershot DVD came out and spending most of the night chatting to him about various subjects. He said I was the only person that 'got' the Reuben DVD even though I knew for a fact that a hell of a lot of other people though the same as me. He just didn't know it. He doesn't realize the amount of fans and the high of their dedication.

I'm going to be quiet now, but that article made me a little angry I'll have to say.
Mark/Buns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, dont be angry and dont be quiet, its a forum and if Jamie said your one of the only ones that got the DVD then everyone that doesnt understand needs to know what Reuben actually intended. I think i understood it.

Yeah its a sad interview and not a lot of us wanted to read at all, but havent we all been through exactly the same thing as what jamie has in one way or another? Maybe not with fame and such but yourselves turning against your mates for some reason or other, thinking to yourself "i've had enough of this, its the same old thing over and over" be its the same routine with how your going out drinking at the same places week in week out or how your mate keeps going on about the same old problems in his life or anything that really just gets on your nerves and gradually starts to grind at you.

We've all been in the situation where something really gets on our nerves or just really changes how we feel about things in life and you just get to that point where we just think "things have got to change before i lose it" I think this is what Jamie went through when he wrote most of In nothing we trust, I know its a band effort, but as the dvd said, it was a case of "jamie would send drum beats" and other stuff and write lyrics, he was going through a fucking shit time at that time, whatever was really grinding at him really had to change before he lost what made him the person he is today (his family, friends, bandmates, management, the things that made up most of his life)

Lets be honesnt, In nothing we trust was a darker side of Reuben and I felt that a lot of angry emotion went into this record which kind of drained a lot out of Jamie, bringing out a different, darker side which may have brought out different sides of each member of the band and they may have found it easier to express their feelings in a way they didnt mean in the end.

After reading the interview its quite clear that Jamie realised that staying in the band and struggling along off favours and being the person he hated wasnt what he wanted at all in life, he noticed that this led to his wife noticing he'd changed, the person that he loves has seen a change in him. If you've ever been told you've changed by a loved one, you'll know what this feels like. (I do)

At the end of the day, the lads always put 100% into everything they did, if this is the last thing they ever release then be it, but its the way they intended it to go from day 1.

Reuben did the opposite to Refused, Refused went off like you wouldn't believe, reuben didnt, but should have. Many times over.
Chrispy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of people had kind of guessed this through comments made during live gigs or hidden between the lines of posts made about the band's haitus. At the last Glasgow gig, I brought two friends who fell immediatelly in love with Reuben, but they wondered why Jamie said something along the lines of "Thanks for not making me hate this for the last hour." There was definitely something bubbling under the surface.

What I think speaks volumes though, for Reuben's fanbase is that an interview like that can hit us so powerfully. Although I understand the decisions that have been made and the reasons Jamie gave for stopping when he did, I would still do anything and everything in my power to see Reuben making music again. One Reuben gig to me was more exciting than listening to every other song in my music collection.

Time is a healer, so they say. Let's hope in a few years things become amicable again and we see the best band around knock out some more slammin' riffs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 17 of 36

Jump to: