=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know any promoters?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightSideBrain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Anyone know any promoters? Reply with quote

Hi so does anyone know any marvellous gig promoters or swell venues to play (preferably outside the M25)??

I'm looking to book up a bunch of dates for my band and I need some suggestions as to where is good to play / who to contact.... any ideas?

www.myspace.com/sevendayslater
http://sevendayslater.proboards77.com/index.cgi
Alfie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are playing a Bristol show go for the Croft or the Louisana or the Junction.

www.the-croft.com or email matt_otridge@hotmail.com

For the other venues just look on the internet.

Best of luck mate, let me know if you do play Bristol and I'll check out your music and come down if it's tickety boo.

Edit: checked it out, really nice stuff man. Refused style riffage. Like it a lot

Last edited by Alfie on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
RightSideBrain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie! Cheers dude, glad you like our material...

Yeah I've heard about The Croft and The Louisiana through Left Side Brain... we've been trying to nag them into playing a gig with us in Bristol for ages, but they're only playing a handful of acoustic shows until next year... so in the meantime, I'll try and get us a gig there...

Apart from that I have spent ages trawling the internet, but you can't really tell whether somewhere is a hard-rocking venue by their website... so I'm hoping some fine fellows like yourself will come forward and say "dude, you gotta play this venue"
Alfie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do play there and need a band me and sad statues band will do it and get a good number of folk down.

Also Hobbits in Weston super mare is a good venue that put on gigs themselves. And the orange box in yeovil.

That's about all I can muster for the south west.
Nuclear Holiday

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once we're up and playing again properely i'll see if i can get you on a few shows round here mate, enjoyed your lexa set!

places to hit up round here anyway are:

Boileroom - Guildford
West End Centre - Aldershot
Cellar Bar - Bracknell

all have consistently decent promoters who'll put on a good one. Though good luck with the westie, may have to pull out a few handjobs for that one
RightSideBrain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right so...

ALFIE

We'd be happy to come play a gig with you guys... apart from it being cool to play with another Reuben-forum-head, it we be good to have someone local show me where a decent kebab could be bought... last time I was in Bristol I drank too much, ate a rat kebab and vomitted in a petrol station...

Right so, cheers for those other South West venues... I've already e-mailed them, so fingers crossed...

Anyways, I'll get on the case and see if I can sort out a wee gig for us both...

NUCLEAR HOLIDAY

Hey man, glad you enjoyed the Lexa set... you guys rocked the shop...

I've been harrasing The Boileroom in the manner of Tim Robbins in Shawshank... but so far I've been completely ignored!

As for The West End Centre, I've e-mailed them... but if it's hand-job-s-o'clock, then I'd better start warming up me digits!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Your Bands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: