=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reuben tat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrolmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but when you can name your price practically it isn't quite the same as stacking shelves or whatever. Wait why am I arguing. I think it was noble of you as I'm in the same boat as your friend and don't like charging people I know and like for doing a job I also like. The job I hate on the other hand....
sam s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrolmonkey wrote:
I'm always in two minds about band tattoos. On the one hand I do think the flame tattoo is cool but on the other I don't want to unexpectedly run into a member of Reuben and reach out my hand to shake theirs and for them to see it and think I'm some nut case.

Don't get me wrong I'm still contemplating getting the skeletons on the front cover of Racecar on my tricep (along with other band album artwork on my shoulder/upper arm) but this thing haunts me still. Having said that I'm not that fussed.

i met Jamie at the westy gig last year, and he noticed my tat when i passed him my DLNA vinyl to sign (cheers Jamie!) and he said he liked that. he may have just been politely inferring that i was a nutcase though Razz
sara_murphy123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the flame logo on my wrist and it cost me 35
i didnt think it was too bad though, because before i decide to get the flame logo tattooed i always wanted flame tattoos up my arm so i decide to incorperate the idea by having the flame on the logo flame coloured, but the ring same jet black.
So i thought for a colour tat wasnt too bad!

Hey dude who got the flame tat,
we shud well meet up and wave the wrists of reuben love. ha.
Also, is your flame the 'lets stop hangin out' black?
xxx
Doomsdayjeezuz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Saint Darren wrote:
but BEEEWWWWAAARRREEEE anyone who wants to get it done on your wrist (I dunno if its just my skin being weird or summat) if you're wanting it so you can do the devil horn pose from the LSHO vid, make sure when you get the template done you can do that pose because mine goes all scoowhiff when I turn my hand

i second that, half moves with my hand and the rest stays where it is, ha ha, but getting it just to do the thing from the video would be kinda stupid.
flagship

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got any tattoos and I'm really undecided about them, I used to be really against tattoos of bands as well, unless they were really unique or whatever
but, I do think tattoos are the coolest things ever, I'm just way too much of a pussy to get any, especially on my wrist, I heard that if you get any on forearms they really fuck up loads of possible job aspects, my cousin said that anyway

but, girls, with tattoos, are so hot
lol
Doomsdayjeezuz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagship wrote:
I heard that if you get any on forearms they really fuck up loads of possible job aspects, my cousin said that anyway

mainly jobs working with people, and only if they're visible to everyone, if you wear long sleeves nobody knows, but tattoos are gettin alot more socially acceptable and though alot of people still care, they dont mind that much as they used to, obviously getting a tattoo on your knuckles or your neck wouldn't be the wisest move but i'd imagine forearm wouldn't be too much of a problem.
Doomsdayjeezuz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, and tattoos DO hurt like fuck.. whoever says differently is lying, but the pain doesn't last for long, and the satisfaction when it's done makes it well worth it.
Lee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they really don't. Well mine didn't.
Doomsdayjeezuz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sayin it's the most painful thing your gonna go through, but it's not comfortable.. its a needle at the end of the day.
Lee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It felt quite nice at times.
jmmkcd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdayjeezuz wrote:
oh yeah, and tattoos DO hurt like fuck.. whoever says differently is lying, but the pain doesn't last for long, and the satisfaction when it's done makes it well worth it.

Neither of mine really hurt at all. My wrist stung ever so slightly and I could barely feel my foot. What hurts most is if you're going in for a long sitting and the tattoist will constantly go over spots that are already raw. My friend recently got a Derek Hess picture on his lower back, and it's a sketchy type thing so lots of linework and heavy shading meaning the girl who did it had to constantly go over bits. He was in quite a bit of pain during and afterwards.
Steph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines on my hip and hurt a lot...just in a really irritating scratchy way. not agony. i thought it was cos im a big wussy girl. but apparently hip is a bit of a nasty place to get em.
Mark/Buns

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shin is probably 1 of the worst places, Henry rollins couldn't even get his finished cause it hurt so much i heard...and look at him, you wouldnt dare call him a wuss!
Lee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit of your arm just under your armpit can make you throw up if you get it in the right place. Because it's so tender.
Doomsdayjeezuz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all depends on the person then, but mine hurt, gettin the one on my wrist sucked, i love it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Your Stuff All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: